Katalon Studio
Katalon Moderator
06/01/2018
edited July 6

Katalon Studio (Beta) Linux-GUI package

You asked. We listened!

Katalon team is excited to release Katalon Studio for Linux (Beta) version with fully supported UI. The team has been working hard over the last couple of months to build the GUI and at the same time keep all the awesome features. Now you can test more with Katalon Studio!

Try it out

Not too fast! Something you should keep in mind while trying this Beta version out.

• The version was tested on Ubuntu v16.04.

• Katalon team will only support issues with Ubuntu OS.

• Check out this documentation for more details.

We encourage you to give it a go and post any of your issues, suggestions, or questions on Beta Release Feedback forum. As always, we are happy to receive your feedback to improve the official version in the future!

Happy Testing!

Katalon Team

Upvote

Comments

• Rabindranath Ferreira
    Katalon Apprentice
    06/04/2018

You asked. We listened!

Katalon team is excited to release Katalon Studio for Linux (Beta) version with fully supported UI. The team has been working hard over the last couple of months to build the GUI and at the same time keep all the awesome features. Now you can test more with Katalon Studio!

Try it out

Not too fast! Something you should keep in mind while trying this Beta version out.

• The version was tested on Ubuntu v16.04.

• Katalon team will only support issues with Ubuntu OS.

• Check out this documentation for more details.

We encourage you to give it a go and post any of your issues, suggestions, or questions on Beta Release Feedback forum. As always, we are happy to receive your feedback to improve the official version in the future!

Happy Testing!

Katalon Team

Hello is a great notice but i have some question is that installer a .deb file? for example Debian have the same of ubuntu them can we install in debian too? 
    Upvote
  • Vinicius Mendes
    Katalon Apprentice
    06/04/2018
    edited June 4
    Hello,

I tested the Katalon Studio beta version for Linux, and I have some problems.

1- When I create a Test Case, I try to click add + Web UI Keyword in the Manual tab and the tool always stops working.

2 - When I try to import .xls or .xlsx spreadsheets into Data Files created in Windows, they are not recognized. So I have to create new spreadsheets.

I use Ubuntu 16.04
    I reserved memory for the Katalon (min 2GB, max 4GB)

Upvote
  • Justin Kwon
    Katalon Apprentice
    06/05/2018
    Hello,
    Objects are not alphabetical order in Tests Explorer.

I use Ubuntu 18.04, openjdk 1.8.0_171

Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    06/05/2018
    edited June 5
    Please help to post your issues in the category (https://forum.katalon.com/categories/beta-release-feedback), not within this topic.
    Upvote
This discussion has been closed.