Must :: global variable (profiles) must be available from anywhere

At present, in manual mode, we cannot call a Global Variable in every cases. For some we just can call a Variable (test case bound), e.g. : for test data value, we cannot replace one of the argument (file, row or column) by a Global Variable) and it is a bit frustrating as it greatly increase number of manipulations to achieve what could have been done quickly with global variables.

Boris Faitout said:

At present, in manual mode, we cannot call a Global Variable in every cases. For some we just can call a Variable (test case bound), e.g. : for test data value, we cannot replace one of the argument (file, row or column) by a Global Variable) and it is a bit frustrating as it greatly increase number of manipulations to achieve what could have been done quickly with global variables.

Hi Boris,

Would you please provide more details or explanation on this suggestion? It’d help the team understand better the value and how this feature helps you. Also, other users might find useful and upvote for it as well.

We appreciate your effort to improve Katalon Studio.

Best,
Liam

What I mean is that some value types are not accepting all sort of inputs.
For exemple, the Test Data Value does not let me enter as object TestData, or Column, or Row, a GlobalVariable, whereas I can use a variable.
So I think that everywhere a Variable can be used, a Global Variable must be used too. And reciprocally.
Am I clear enough?
Does it sound wise and feasible to you, @Liam B ?

I am also having this problem, please see attached

Checkpoint DB connection.jpg

Stephane Blais said:

I am also having this problem, please see attached

Ha! I known this was a real issue and not just a misunderstanding of the tool.
I hope Katalon guys will make an effort on this point.

Please implement calling global variable for URL requests. Lack of this is really killing the attractiveness of this great tool.