Katalon via Jenkins: Proxy is not working

Hi,
I use KAtalon Studio Version: 5.4.1 - Build: 1
I have test project that works fine when run from CLI or from Katalon studio. (the window machine that I use is behind a proxy. the proxy is configured in Katalon)
When I use Jenkins to launch the CLI, it doesn’t work:
Here is what I launch from within Jenkins:

c:

cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1”

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“D:\KatalonProjects\Service Monitoring Wifi Business\Service Monitoring Wifi Business.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Service monitoring suite” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome” -email=me@mail.be -password=xxxxxxxx proxy.option=USE_SYSTEM
The resulting log in Jenkins:

tarted by user JenAdWOBuilding in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring[Business Wifi configuration monitoring] $ cmd /c call C:\Windows\TEMP\jenkins2903031071842930904.batC:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring>c:C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1" C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1>katalon -noSplash  -runMode=console -projectPath="D:\KatalonProjects\Service Monitoring Wifi Business\Service Monitoring Wifi Business.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Service monitoring suite" -executionProfile="default" -browserType="Chrome" -email=me@mail.be -password=xxxxxxxx proxy.option=USE_SYSTEM Tue May 08 13:36:52 CEST 2018Cannot send request, retry to send.Tue May 08 13:36:52 CEST 2018Cannot send request, retry to send.No proxy found.No proxy found.Network error! Cannot execute activation.C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1>exit 0 Finished: SUCCESSPlease help. Why is JEnkins unable to send the request?

You are not using the correct command. The correct one should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1>katalon -noSplash  -runMode=console -projectPath="D:\KatalonProjects\Service Monitoring Wifi Business\Service Monitoring Wifi Business.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Service monitoring suite" -executionProfile="default" -browserType="Chrome" -email=me@mail.be -password=xxxxxxxx --config -proxy.option=USE_SYSTEM 

Tom Ferdinand said:

Hi,
I use KAtalon Studio Version: 5.4.1 - Build: 1
I have test project that works fine when run from CLI or from Katalon studio. (the window machine that I use is behind a proxy. the proxy is configured in Katalon)
When I use Jenkins to launch the CLI, it doesn’t work:
Here is what I launch from within Jenkins:

c:

cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1”

katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“D:\KatalonProjects\Service Monitoring Wifi Business\Service Monitoring Wifi Business.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Service monitoring suite” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome” -email=me@mail.be -password=xxxxxxxx proxy.option=USE_SYSTEM
The resulting log in Jenkins:

tarted by user JenAdWOBuilding in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring[Business Wifi configuration monitoring] $ cmd /c call C:\Windows\TEMP\jenkins2903031071842930904.batC:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring>c:C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Business Wifi configuration monitoring>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1" C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1>katalon -noSplash  -runMode=console -projectPath="D:\KatalonProjects\Service Monitoring Wifi Business\Service Monitoring Wifi Business.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Service monitoring suite" -executionProfile="default" -browserType="Chrome" -email=me@mail.be -password=xxxxxxxx proxy.option=USE_SYSTEM Tue May 08 13:36:52 CEST 2018Cannot send request, retry to send.Tue May 08 13:36:52 CEST 2018Cannot send request, retry to send.No proxy found.No proxy found.Network error! Cannot execute activation.C:\Program Files (x86)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1>exit 0 Finished: SUCCESSPlease help. Why is JEnkins unable to send the request?

Any luck with Vinh’s solution? I have the exact same issue, and after applying his solution, I’m getting the same response.

Hi, tnx for the reply.
The proposed solution is not working.
No change at all. The output remains the same.
I did a packetcapture and notice that the program is performing DNS requests to “update.katalon.com”… There is no attempt to perform a connect to Katalon via the proxy.
The proxy config is ignored to make the login to Katalon. (which is necessary as the CMD is run from Jenkins and not from windows shell or Katalon studio.
Is there a method that the login uses the proxy config. Can you check if this is a bug in Katalon?

Ah I see. This is a problem related to activation through Jenkins, not related to proxy here. This issue will be fixed in 5.4.2 version, so in the meanwhile, if you want Jenkins to ‘ignore’ activation, then you have to configure Jenkins service to use your current logged account instead of system account (figure 3.6):
https://jenkins-le-guide-complet.github.io/html/sect-windows-service.html

This is now working for me. Thank you for your help Tom and Vinh! Much appreciated.

Hi Vinh,

I have exactly same issue. I was initially using version 5.4.1 and I see project execution not used to start because it was checking for updates (despite disabling automatic check for newer versions). I tried to use version 5.6.0 (as you mentioned issue will be fixed in 5.4.2) but still facing same issue. I have connected my jenkins node via java webstart as I don’t have privilege to install it as service. Also, when I check the node in jenkins it shows my personal id so I hope the katalon studio should have been launched with my id using which it is activated already. Please could you help me in getting the issue resolved?