Cannot click on dropdown

Hello,
I’ve noticed a strange bug - after recording my test case, the script is not able to click on the drop-down. It shows that the click action is completed, but I am only able to make it work by physically clicking with mouse in the region of the website, only then click action seems to be working like it should.

Same bug is observed on Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I found how to avoid this bug, it looks like the browser tab that will be used must be “in focus”, it means that I must click somewhere in the page area at least once before running the script, otherwise it will be stuck. Would it be possible to somehow include this “In focus” action into script?

Sorry for the late response. Is it possible for you to share a screenshot? Is “focusing” action required for manual actions or just automated test cases?

Here is how the drop-down looks like. Normally, I would not need to click it, but clicking action loads the country list from the server, until the drop-down menu is open, there are no choices in the html code, therefore I am not able to select an option without clicking it.

I have tried using windowfocus command before the click action, I can see that it focuses the browser’s window, but the click action still does not work.

image.png

Finally, managed to get the click to work - I have added additional command
| sendKeys | link=Home | ${KEY_TAB} |
After this workaround the click works normally and I am able to proceed with the test case.

1 Like

I’m really happy that you have figured it out :). This would definitely help many users with similar issues.

Kestas said:

Finally, managed to get the click to work - I have added additional command
| sendKeys | link=Home | ${KEY_TAB} |
After this workaround the click works normally and I am able to proceed with the test case

I am facing the same problem . recording of dropdown is fine. but when i re-play it the dropdown doesnot work. any help