Jenkins - "Build step 'Execute Windows batch command' marked build as failure'

I was able to run the test suite in windows cmd promt but not able to run in Jenkins, its shows an error message "Build step ‘Execute Windows batch command’ marked build as failure’.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I found the katalon created a new CMD prompt. And run in that new prompt. So no console log info in Jenkin as well.

Maybe it would be more helpful if you would give us some more info on your problem, like how you have configured the Build step in Jenkins and show us an example of your Jenkins console output.

Anyways Im guessing the following may apply to your problem?

Note: the command should NOT include the -noExit and -consoleLog parameters so that CI logs can be displayed directly on the job view.
see https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/jenskins-ci-integration/ for more info.

Yiming said:

I have the same issue. I found the katalon created a new CMD prompt. And run in that new prompt. So no console log info in Jenkin as well.

any solution for your problem?

I have a similar issue. Firstly, I run “cmd /C katalon -noSplash -runMode=console …” in order to avoid katalon running in a new window. Prefixing the command with “cmd /C” makes Katalon remaing in the same windows. When it exits it give a rc 0 if successful, greater than 0 in case of errors.
However I noticed that if I launch the command from windows cmd prompt it works correctly. If I try to launch using Groovy execute (essentially a process) it returns 1, executing the same test with the same results. Is Katalon referring to some external info (environment variable, java etc) that may case this issue ? Any idea ?

Hi,
To provide better support could you give us :

1. your Build step in Jenkins
  2. and any example of your Jenkins console output

hi, I am getting these error could u pls help me

Started by user venkat Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\katalon [katalon] $ cmd /c call C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\jenkins6074431707464461687.bat C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\katalon>C:\Users\Harish\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.10.1 ‘C:\Users\Harish\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.10.1’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\katalon>katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath=“C:\Users\Harish\Katalon Studio\Hari\Hari.prj” -retry=2 -retryFailedTestCases=true -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/TesrSuite1” -executionProfile=“default” -deviceId=“33b78cf37d04” -browserType=“Android” ‘katalon’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\katalon>exit 9009 Build step ‘Execute Windows batch command’ marked build as failure Finished: FAILURE

I think your path is wrong.
Where your katalon folder save?