BUG - Failed renaming test case deletes content

Katalon Studio Version: 5.1.3

**## Katalon Studio logs: **katalon.versionNumber=5.3.1katalon.buildNumber=1!SESSION 2018-03-21 10:19:51 - Pastebin.com

## Environment: N/A

## Steps to reproduce:

1. Open katalon studio, then open an existing project
  2. Open a test case
  3. Attempt to rename the open test case making sure to have a trailing space at the end
  4. Observe error “Unable to rename the test case”
  5. Re-open the test case

## Expected Behavior:

Test case content should still exist after renaming errors

## Actual Behavior:

Test case content no longer exists

ian said:

Katalon Studio Version: 5.1.3

**## Katalon Studio logs: **katalon.versionNumber=5.3.1katalon.buildNumber=1!SESSION 2018-03-21 10:19:51 - Pastebin.com

## Environment: N/A

## Steps to reproduce:

1. Open katalon studio, then open an existing project
  2. Open a test case
  3. Attempt to rename the open test case making sure to have a trailing space at the end
  4. Observe error “Unable to rename the test case”
  5. Re-open the test case

## Expected Behavior:

Test case content should still exist after renaming errors

## Actual Behavior:

Test case content no longer exists

Can I ask why do you attempt to add trailing spaces at the end of your test case’s name?

Hello,

Any answer how to recover the original content please? I am in the same situation here.

Even in v8.3.0, this problem still persists.

I do not understand why Katalon team leaves this fundamental/primitive BUG unfixed

Hi @kazurayam,

Are you using Windows 7 too?
And how do you make the renaming failed?

Nam Nguyen.

I am using macOS 12.3.1

Hi @kazurayam,

We tried to reproduce the issue on both Windows 10 and MacOS 12.0.1.
But the results are all the same: Renaming has no issue and the test case name is trimmed.

Could you please record and send us the video of the error and the error log?

Nam Nguyen.

I believe you haven’t tested a case where you have subfolders under the Test Case. Katalon Studio can not manages subfolders under the Test Cases folder properly.

Please follow the steps I described at

No I wouldn’t. Making a movie is tiresome. The above GitHub repository has the branches step1, step2, step3 and step4; which you can easily checkout and see. That should be enough.

A Katalon Studio project contains 2 folder corresponding to a single Test case:

• <projectDir>/Test Cases/sub/subsub/TC1.tc
  • <projectDir>/Scripts/sub/subsub/TC1/Scriptxxxxxxxxxx.groovy

Theoretically these 2 folders should be always in sync.

But I found the Script folder goes out of sync when I rename/move a Test Case. I believe, KS has a bug here.

1 Like

Any update on this BUG?

1 Like

No update on this BUG yet?

I just experienced this… and i’m sure now it explains why sometimes I felt like I was losing test scripts but wasn’t sure why. so I created about 10 test scripts and moved them to a different folder…tried to rename a few… after few hours when i came back,
the codes were deleted…just left with empty test cases.

i was able to retrieve some of them by going to Git and commit and checking the differences… before had code, after was null.

This is a critical issue and not something that should be in production system. Why is this issue not resolved? It’s been reported so many times.

I found a way to reproduce this problem, which has been left open over 4 years!

See