JIRA bug from KATALON contains only "Items" and does NOT contains "Objects" and "Inputs"

Hi there,

My test cases in KATALON contains test steps with following info: “Item”, “Object”, “Input”.

I was able to integrate KATALON+JIRA but after my execution I want to create a JIRA bug from KATALON report. Popup window is shown. But from my Katalon it copy just “enviroment info” and from katalon test case just “Inputs”.
So, at the end JIRA users see test steps like “open browser, click, click,…” but it is not shown url of browser or on which object the click was done.

Is it possible to setup integration that whole test case is copied to JIRA? If so, how?

Thank you,
Robert

jira screenshot.jpg

katalon test case.jpg

1 Like

Róbert Morovský said:

Hi there,

My test cases in KATALON contains test steps with following info: “Item”, “Object”, “Input”.

I was able to integrate KATALON+JIRA but after my execution I want to create a JIRA bug from KATALON report. Popup window is shown. But from my Katalon it copy just “enviroment info” and from katalon test case just “Inputs”.
So, at the end JIRA users see test steps like “open browser, click, click,…” but it is not shown url of browser or on which object the click was done.

Is it possible to setup integration that whole test case is copied to JIRA? If so, how?

Thank you,
Robert

Hi,

This is expected behavior because currently it will only use item’s name as an input for Description field on JIRA.

We will consider to improve this in later releases :slight_smile:

Regards

Hi there, any update here? thanks

+1. I would like to see the Object Name and Input values as well as the Item Name.

Hi Katalon team, any update? thank you

Hi Katalon team any update on this? I would Like to see the steps updated to JIRA from Katalon.