Exporting to Katalon Studio doesn't give me the desired

Liam posted this useful topic when it comes to exporting from Recorder and importing to Studio. But to me, the end result isn’t very satisfying.
In Katalon Studio, it results in several lines stating “Method call statement” with “selenium” actions. This makes editing recorded scripts in Studio nearly impossible. Isn’t it possible to export correct native Studio syntax?
Now Recorder outputs scripts for Katalon Studio like

String baseUrl = "http://your-domain"
WebUI.openBrowser(baseUrl)
selenium = new KatalonWebDriverBackedSelenium(baseUrl)
"click | //input[@type='text'] | "
selenium.click("//input[@type='text']")

while it (probably) should output something like:

WebUI.openBrowser('')
WebUI.navigateToUrl('http://your-domain/')
WebUI.click(findTestObject('xx'))

Or am I missing the point and is Studio not meant to further edit recorded scripts with Recorder?

Let me rephrase the question :slight_smile:

Our team prefers the lightweight Katalon recorder over the one in Katalon Studio. Managing and running the scripts is something we’d like to do in Studio though.

How should we export (and import) to Katalon Studio, where we can further edit the recorded steps in Studio’s own script language? Or is that impossible, since Studio has a more extensive way of dealing with recorded objects?

Michiel van Erp said:

Let me rephrase the question :slight_smile:

Our team prefers the lightweight Katalon recorder over the one in Katalon Studio. Managing and running the scripts is something we’d like to do in Studio though.

How should we export (and import) to Katalon Studio, where we can further edit the recorded steps in Studio’s own script language? Or is that impossible, since Studio has a more extensive way of dealing with recorded objects?

Hi Michiel,

In this case, I’d highly recommend using Katalon Studio for recording the test and further edit recorded object with more advanced features of Katalon Studio.

At my end, I will share your thoughts with the team for consideration.

Please feel free to post if you have any other issues or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Katalon tools set,
Liam

Liam B said:

In this case, I’d highly recommend using Katalon Studio for recording the test and further edit recorded object with more advanced features of Katalon Studio.

At my end, I will share your thoughts with the team for consideration.

Thanks for taking it into consideration! We will stick to the Studio recorder for now.