Harrison Pringle
Katalon Apprentice
03/12/2018

Katalon can't find iFrame

Hi, I've recently had an issue where Katalon sometimes can't find a specific iFrame. This usually results in the test failing with the error:

[FAILED] - Test Cases/check_test FAILED because (of) Unable to verify object 'Object Repository/iFrames/WebGL_Frame' is present (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: 'Object Repository/iFrames/WebGL_Frame' located by 'By.xpath: //iframe[@id = 'webgl_frame' and @name = 'webgl_frame']' not found)

this has been confusing me, because when I check manually, or with web spy, the iFrame is clearly there, and should be matched by the given criteria. This seems to vary between servers (even if they're running more or less the same code), but I can't think of any changes that should affect the iFrame, which appears the same on all servers.

can anyone think of any setting or issues on either Katalon or in general server settings that might cause this issue?

Upvote

Comments

• Pooja
    Katalon Apprentice
    04/16/2018
    Hi, I've recently had an issue where Katalon sometimes can't find a specific iFrame. This usually results in the test failing with the error:

[FAILED] - Test Cases/check_test FAILED because (of) Unable to verify object 'Object Repository/iFrames/WebGL_Frame' is present (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: 'Object Repository/iFrames/WebGL_Frame' located by 'By.xpath: //iframe[@id = 'webgl_frame' and @name = 'webgl_frame']' not found)

this has been confusing me, because when I check manually, or with web spy, the iFrame is clearly there, and should be matched by the given criteria. This seems to vary between servers (even if they're running more or less the same code), but I can't think of any changes that should affect the iFrame, which appears the same on all servers.

can anyone think of any setting or issues on either Katalon or in general server settings that might cause this issue?

I am also facing the same issue

Upvote
  • Russ Thomas
    Katalon Expert
    04/16/2018
    Hi Pooja (and Harrison if you're still around)

If this is a "sometimes" issue, then that to me implies a timing problem -- sometimes the iframe is loaded and ready to work with and sometimes not...  did you try using a lengthy timeout, like 20 or 30 seconds? (Understand that KS will not necessarily wait that long, it will succeed as soon as it can within that timeout period).

Russ
    Upvote