selectWindow - how does this command work?

Hi everyone,

I’m running into the problem of trying to bring Katalon to focus on a newly opened window/tab.
I tried looking up solutions online, but most of the stuff I found is pretty cryptic to me as a new user (and as someone who has 0 knowledge of Java or programming in general).

I tried using the name or title of the new window, but to no avail.
Can anyone give me a little hint?

Thanks in advance!

grafik.png

Peter Nicolaisen said:

Hi everyone,

I’m running into the problem of trying to bring Katalon to focus on a newly opened window/tab.
I tried looking up solutions online, but most of the stuff I found is pretty cryptic to me as a new user (and as someone who has 0 knowledge of Java or programming in general).

Thanks in advance!

Hi Peter,

You’d need to pass title of the Window to the command. E.g.: title =New Window

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Thank you for using Katalon Recorder,
Liam

Liam B said:

Peter Nicolaisen said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Peter,

You’d need to pass title of the Window to the command. E.g.: title =New Window

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Thank you for using Katalon Recorder,
Liam

Hi Liam,
thanks for the help.
Sadly, I can’t bring it to work.

Is this how it’s supposed to be used?

Are the blanks or is the dash in the window title throwing it off maybe? If so, is there a workaround?

katalon_selectwindow1.png

title (not titel) perhaps?

Russ Thomas said:

title (not titel) perhaps?

*facepalm*
thanks

-edit:
fixed the typo, but still does not work

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on this issue and will have an update soon.

We’ve released version 3.4.4 with two ways to select a window:

• By index: selectWindow | win_ser_1
  • By title: selectWindow | title=This is a title

If you have any issue, don’t hesitate to tell us. We always appreciate your feedback.

Please see example at https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-recorder-samples.

Demo video:

does not work in 3.4.10. neither win_ser_x nor title=, where title contains a space.
chrome 65 or ff 59 on win10

i note your examples are one-word titles w/no spaces. tho your syntax description a couple of posts above here indicate embedded spaces ok.

Hi. Please make sure that you allowed popup in Chrome. The demo also showed this step.

Hi - selectWindow win_ser_local executes successfully but does nothing you, just stay on the tab you are on. so does not work for me.

selectWindow win_ser_1 does not work for me either, it just fails and then tells you it failed because it could not find the window by that title - even though I was under the impression that this was a select by Index command.

so I cannot close a popup tab and go back to my original window.

so my automation is still pretty much manual because you have to sit there stop the playback close the tab yourself and then restart the automation from the appropriate point. over and over. if you are not there to do that then it just won’t get very far.

Similar to maintenancebasic, I am seeing that selectWindow is not working for me in Firefox where it had in the past.

I am stalling when my test gets to that command.

Katalon Recorder 5.2.1.