Unable to click on object: WebElementNotFoundException

Hi,
I see many similar discussions, but I cannot find any solution.

I am unable to make a click on a submit button and tried many selection methods:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ located by ‘By.xpath: //input[@id = ‘login_submit’]’ not found)

the button HTML is:

How to pass that?
thanks

Try this… don’t use xpath, use css, and set the css like this:

input#login_submit

Thanks. Does not work:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ located by ‘By.cssSelector: input#login_submit’ not found)

I also get on some other type of settings:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: element not visible

I would make it work using only ALT identifier. all other identifiers failed. Strange.

Are you using the various Wait commands before issuing the Click?

WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject(‘Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’), 30)

WebUI.waitForElementClickable(findTestObject(‘Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’), 30)

WebUI.Click(…

2 Likes

I am newbie, and the script was made from recording. I am not adding anything by myself.

1 Like

but it works with ALT

1 Like

It is a little bit weird. Glad that you had the solution.

1 Like

I have the same issue. “Element is not visible” error when it supposed to click on an element which is actually on the page and is visible. Can you please tell me what does it mean “but it works with ALT”? I want to try the same

1 Like

Alt is HTML attribute, the same as id or class.
Try to use WebUI.waitForElementClickable(testobject, timeout) before your click.

2 Likes

Marek Melocik said:

Try to use WebUI.waitForElementClickable(testobject, timeout) before your click.

This can help in cases when Katalon try’s to click on the element before it is loaded on the page. In my case the element is already there - it’s a button to open a sidebar menu
But Katalon still says it’s not visible (
I tried to find it by Xpath, tag, class, text etc. (“Detect object by” option)
https://www.screencast.com/t/EhVvStLx

2 Likes

Yuriy Gerasimovich said:

Marek Melocik said:

This can help in cases when Katalon try’s to click on the element before it is loaded on the page. In my case the element is already there - it’s a button to open a sidebar menu
But Katalon still says it’s not visible (
I tried to find it by Xpath, tag, class, text etc. (“Detect object by” option)
2018-07-27_1719

Hi Yuriy,
Try to locate the Web-element using the “Web-Spy(icon beside the Web- record option)” Option in Katalon. It creates the Test-Object and you can use that Test-Object in your Test-Case. Hope it works.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

**WebDriverException: unknown error
I’m new with Katalon studio. I’m getting stuck on Update button. I’m unable to make a click on a Update button:

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/editteammem/input_btn btn-primary’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: Element is not clickable at point (1127, 516). Other element would receive the click:

1 Like

Hi,

Did anyone got to work this issue "Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_LabCollector - Login/input_Submit’ located by ‘By.xpath: //input[@id = ‘login_submit’]’ not found)

1 Like

Hi,

is your element really visible?

1 Like

Yes it is really visible!

Did anyone got to work this issue

Test Cases/Create new Patient FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: **

Unable to wait for object to be clickable (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Object is null)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.WaitForElementClickableKeyword.waitForElementClickable(WaitForElementClickableKeyword.groovy:108)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.WaitForElementClickableKeyword.execute(WaitForElementClickableKeyword.groovy:68)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.waitForElementClickable(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:500)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$waitForElementClickable$8.call(Unknown Source)
at Create new Patient.run(Create new Patient:24)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1549447966754.run(TempTestCase1549447966754.groovy:22)

Changed selection method from XPath to Attributes.

2 Likes