Feature Request: Live Results Dashboard

The reporting in Katalon is excellent (particularly considering this is in beta still), but for me, one killer feature I think would be to have a live results dashboard, showing results across all projects (typically by most recent first), updating ‘live’ as new results come in.

I envisage one row per Test Suite / Test Suite Collection (similar to ‘Executions’ within the current ‘Project’ dashboard), but with the Project / Test Suite names displayed, with the usual drill-down options to delve into test-case / failure level, as well as total passed/fail/error etc.

The benefit of such a report view would be to monitor executions throughout the day as they happen (perhaps viewed on a big screen), so any failures can be investigated, as well as giving a useful ‘feel’ for stability. Some basic metrics (e.g. failure rates over the past 1 hour / 8 hours / 24 hours) would be a useful bonus.

Even better would be if such a dashboard could display tests in progress, but it looks like currently only execution results appear (in the project view) after completion.

I appreciate some of this information could be gleaned using a CI tool, but to have it all within a Katalon-style dashboard would be fantastic.

5 Likes

+1 for this, great idea

Please could someone from Katalon advise whether this feature request has been received, and what likelihood there is of this being implemented? Thanks.

Kevin McAndrew said:

Please could someone from Katalon advise whether this feature request has been received, and what likelihood there is of this being implemented? Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for delay response. We have logged this feature suggestion in the backlog for consideration. At the moment, we are doing the makeover for UI and also some enhancements. Please bear with us!

Thanks again for your support,
Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for your response, and for logging my feature suggestion. Looking forward to seeing the UI makeover and other enhancements :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Kevin

Well, unless I’m mistaken, I see a working Dashboard this morning as per my feature request - thank you so much :slight_smile:

Please could I now make the following requests in respect of the Dashboard as follows, to further enhance this functionality:

1. An option to auto-refresh the page, with (optionally) a means to change the refresh time (drop-down, perhaps?). This would enable the dashboard to be left on a big screen to give a constantly updated view of recent executions.

2. A facility to change the number of records displayed per page (e.g. 10, 15, 20, 50, 100)

3. A ‘Compact’ view, again, to facilitate more records being visible on the screen

4. A filter to enable various Statuses to be selected (e.g. I might want to look at FAILED only)

I’d be grateful if these requests could be added to your ‘To Do’ list, but please understand that I’m absolutely delighted that you’ve taken my original request on board and implemented it, and the above requests would hopefully enhance this feature even further.

Kevin

1 Like