Upgrading Katalon Studio

Hi everyone

I’m just wondering what is the best procedure to follow to upgrade Katalon Studio when a new release appears. Do you guys overwrite the old install? Rename and archive the old install and start over?

I checked the FAQ documentation for “Setup and Installation” but didn’t see any mention of this.

Thanks in advance!
Russ

Hi there,

Our next major release 5.4 will have an update mechanism so you won’t need to re-download a new version of Katalon Studio and overwrite it again.

Regards

Thank you, Vinh. But what should I do now? Overwrite the existing installation?

Russ Thomas said:

Thank you, Vinh. But what should I do now? Overwrite the existing installation?

Hi Russ,

Please download the latest version 5.3.1 of Katalon Studio and unzip the package. It won’t override your existing version and will start a new instance. Simply save the project on the existing install and open the project on the new install to continue work on it.

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio,
Liam

Excellent. Thank you, Liam.

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi there,

Our next major release 5.4 will have an update mechanism so you won’t need to re-download a new version of Katalon Studio and overwrite it again.

Regards

Doesn’t seem like this is in this latest version yet, eh?

It wasn’t in 5.5. How about 5.6?

Butler said:

It wasn’t in 5.5. How about 5.6?

Since version 5.4, Katalon Studio will automatically check for new update and notify you for further action. Please refer to this guide.

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio,

Updated Katalon Studio to 5.6.1 on mac and i’m getting this error massage _The application “Katalon Studio” can’t be opened. _

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 09.48.52.png

Spancer said:

Updated Katalon Studio to 5.6.1 on mac and i’m getting this error massage _The application “Katalon Studio” can’t be opened. _

Can you please try again or just download a new one from our website? We are in the process of uploading our update package, so likely something is breaking the upgrade process

• Hi, Update is not working in Katalon 6.0.4 version to upgrade to next version available. It’s prompting for a newer version when available, but every time, it’s taking me to download page, instead updating the available version, any workarounds to be done?

I have the same issue than Sandeepteja, the upgrade does not work and each time rederecting me to the full download page. Do i really have to do it that way (uninstall and reinstall)?

I’m in version 5.8.3

I’ve downloaded the new version and installed it beside my 5.8.3 version and beside my 5.5 version.
And of course I’ve lost my preferences…again… this is soooo niiice!

It’s still not possible to upgrade this tool, every month I need to re-download and install a new version in a folder somewhere… bored of Katalon

seriously? what to install? is just right-click > unpack …

Seriously, just a right click?
And then you have to erase the old version, and then redo your shortcuts, and then re-config your preferences…

And do this every few weeks; to me, this is disturbing my work.

ook … three right clicks. one for unpack, one for create new shortcut and one to re-tweak your katalon.ini (and few clicks and keystrokes in between).
cmoon … is not like armaghedon is comming … yeah, i agree, it can be frustrating … but is funny, at least you know how it works