pj wittman
Katalon Apprentice
02/14/2018

Unable to move Object from one folder to another

I have created a new folder under "Object Repository" and am attempting to move an object from an existing folder to this new folder. I am getting a error message stating "Unable to move the selection: null". I click the OK button to dismiss the dialog and see that the object has NOT been moved. I close the Katalon application and then re-launch it. The object has now been moved to the correct folder.
Is this a known defect and if so, when will it be fixed?
Upvote

Comments

• Christian Gudrich
    Katalon Apprentice
    04/16/2018
    1. Try to move object
    2. Should still result in already mentioned error message
    3. Rename Object
    4. Results in moving object to target folder without renaming
    Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Expert
    04/16/2018
    I have created a new folder under "Object Repository" and am attempting to move an object from an existing folder to this new folder. I am getting a error message stating "Unable to move the selection: null". I click the OK button to dismiss the dialog and see that the object has NOT been moved. I close the Katalon application and then re-launch it. The object has now been moved to the correct folder.
    Is this a known defect and if so, when will it be fixed?
    I can't reproduce this issue. Please help to provide Katalon Studio logs as pointed from here: https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest
    Upvote