[USB] Is it possible to install and run Katalon Studio from a USB Drive?

[USB] Is it possible to install and run Katalon Studio from a USB Drive?

Is it possible to install/run Katalon Studio from a USB Drive. Do you need to take something into account if this is possible? Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Hey @Patrick Groot ,

Have you given this a shot yet? Have you put a version of Katalon on a USB drive and tried to use it on another computer? I’m interested if Katalon is a portable program.

Tyler Prada said:

Hey @Patrick Groot ,

Have you given this a shot yet? Have you put a version of Katalon on a USB drive and tried to use it on another computer? I’m interested if Katalon is a portable program.

I still didn’t test this one out yet! My guts say this should work but you never know will come back soon with the answer if not someone already beat me to it!

Patrick Groot said:

Tyler Prada said:

Hey @Patrick Groot ,

I still didn’t test this one out yet! My guts say this should work but you never know will come back soon with the answer if not someone already beat me to it!

Any answer on this yet?

Hey there,

Definitely coming in late here on this thread but I actually needed to do this for my own applications so I tried it. Katalon Studio can in fact run out of a USB. I’m using a 32GB Sandisk USB3.0 stick and it’s running just fine.

I’m also running version 6.3.3, latest before V7. I’m not sure how V7’s split versions will affect this sort of thing.

Regards,