Unable to start application on this device

Trying to run a test using Kobiton device. I keep getting this error: “Unable to start application on this device, WebDriver command failed to run”

1 Like

Kindly tell which Kobiton device and you’ve used and its version. Any screenshot of your test cases would be helpful in this case.

I have tried multiple devices from Android 6 and 7, I’m getting this error on all devices. I contacted Kobiton for the same and they said it’s not an issue from their side as I was able to launch the app manually. I’m trying to Record Mobile and when I select device and click Start, it gives me the error.

Kobiton_Settings.png

appActivity.png

aapium_settings.png

Error1.png

I’m able to run the same script on a local emulator.

Can anyone please respond if you have an answer to this?

I get the same error “Unable to start app, WebDriver command failed to run” trying to a test on Galaxy A7(2017) Android 6.0.1. Somehow the test worked for Xperia ZX Premium - Android 7.1.1 though

Nattanon Tharachai said:

I get the same error “Unable to start app, WebDriver command failed to run” trying to a test on Galaxy A7(2017) Android 6.0.1. Somehow the test worked for Xperia ZX Premium - Android 7.1.1 though

Hi Nattanon,

Can you try to execute again? I’ve tried this device about two times from my side and still haven’t observed your issue, so you should try again

Vinh Nguyen said:

Nattanon Tharachai said:

Hi Nattanon,

Can you try to execute again? I’ve tried this device about two times from my side and still haven’t observed your issue, so you should try again

Hi Vinh,

Thank you for your reply.

In my environment, I use the app I uploaded to kobiton then specified the appPath according to https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/integrate-with-kobiton/ . I tried with Xperia ZX Premium, Galaxy A7, and moto G 3rd gen. Only Xperia succeeded.

I attached the log files.

log-xperia.txt

log-moto-G-3rd-gen.txt

log-galaxy-A7.txt