Andy Zhang
Katalon Apprentice
01/16/2018

Retry failed test cases within the test suite

Currently, Katalon retries failed test cases in a new test suite for several times.

I hope Katalon add another rerun pattern for failed test cases. That is, if a test case fails, the it retries again after it fails, just within the same test suite.

There are several advantage for this pattern:
1. The test report will be easy to read. Because although there are failed test cases, they are in the same test suite, which means there will be much less report folders.

2. Using after test suite hook to monitor whether a test suite failed will be easier. If the failed test cases run in another test suite, after test suite hook will run for several times, it is hard to say whether the test suite failed. 

Upvote

Comments

• Liam B
    Katalon Moderator
    01/22/2018
    edited September 6
    Currently, Katalon retries failed test cases in a new test suite for several times.

I hope Katalon add another rerun pattern for failed test cases. That is, if a test case fails, the it retries again after it fails, just within the same test suite.

There are several advantage for this pattern:
    1. The test report will be easy to read. Because although there are failed test cases, they are in the same test suite, which means there will be much less report folders.

2. Using after test suite hook to monitor whether a test suite failed will be easier. If the failed test cases run in another test suite, after test suite hook will run for several times, it is hard to say whether the test suite failed. 

Hi Andy,

Thanks for this suggestion. I will forward it to the team for further discussion.

Regards,
    Liam
    Upvote
  • Anton Konovalov
    Katalon Apprentice
    02/20/2018
    edited February 20
    Hi!

Definitely vote for Andy's proposal. It would be great if we have this feature in Katalon Studio - will be easy to get test statistic in one place and to upload it to CI server like Jenkins.

Thanks & regards,
    Anton
    Upvote
  • megha gupta
    Katalon Apprentice
    09/03/2018
    Hi guys, 
    Has the same been implemented ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Megha
    Upvote
  • chand mehta
    Katalon Apprentice
    09/14/2018
    Hi Team,

I am facing the same issue.
    Please implement the same functionality in katalon studio.

Regards
    Chand
    Upvote
  • Mate Mrse
    Katalon Expert
    09/14/2018
    Would be super useful to have!
    Upvote