Keywords : specific parameters

Hello,

I’m testing Katalon, making keywords for specifics requirements and I have a question.
Actually, we can set variables like we want.
I want to do this : set variables to some specific values.
For example, I have a variable which correspond to my environnement. It could be initiated to env, env2 or env3. I want to prevent the user from setting values ​​other than predifined ones.
I can set a list of variable, but I would like to send only a selected value, and not all the list. Is it possible to have an helper (a pop-up maybe?) that would allow the user to select a value from a predefined list ?
Is it possible to have this ? like an input help.

Don’t hesitate to ask if i’m not clear !!!

Regards,
Thibaud A

ARMBRUSTER said:

Hello,

I’m testing Katalon, making keywords for specifics requirements and I have a question.

Actually, we can set variables like we want.

I want to do this : set variables to some specific values.

For example, I have a variable which correspond to my environnement. It could be initiated to env, env2 or env3. I want to prevent the user from setting values ​​other than predifined ones.

I can set a list of variable, but I would like to send only a selected value, and not all the list. Is it possible to have an helper (a pop-up maybe?) that would allow the user to select a value from a predefined list ?

Is it possible to have this ? like an input help.

Don’t hesitate to ask if i’m not clear !!!

Regards,

Thibaud A

Hi there,

Katalon Studio doesn’t have the feature as you suggesting. I will share your suggestion with the team for consideration.

In the meantime, I’d suggest putting some note or comment for the users to select the right option. Feel free to add more details so Katalon team better understand the value of this feature.

Best,
Liam

Hello,

I’m really interested into this feature too.
I’m in a team of Q/A testers, and i would like to create customs keywords with helper (pop-up) that allow QA Team to create test with a list of variables corresponding to our environment.

Specially for REST Api test, where input can be restricted.