Add afterTestSuiteCollection hook with context param including status indicating whether failed

I use test suite collection to do a whole regression test. I want to get notified if the test suite collection has failed test cases.

I find it is hard to know whether the test suite collection is failed now, because there is no afterTestSuiteCollection hook. So I hope Katalon can add afterTestSuiteCollection hook with context param including status attribute, which indicates whether the test suite collection is failed.

It is true that I can use afterTestSuite hook now. But there are several drawbacks:
1, You may have several test suites, which means that afterTestSuite hook will run for several times.
2, Things become more complicated when you have retries for test case. For those tests suites with failed cases, they will re-run.

Andy Zhang said:

I use test suite collection to do a whole regression test. I want to get notified if the test suite collection has failed test cases.

I find it is hard to know whether the test suite collection is failed now, because there is no afterTestSuiteCollection hook. So I hope Katalon can add afterTestSuiteCollection hook with context param including status attribute, which indicates whether the test suite collection is failed.

It is true that I can use afterTestSuite hook now. But there are several drawbacks:
1, You may have several test suites, which means that afterTestSuite hook will run for several times.
2, Things become more complicated when you have retries for test case. For those tests suites with failed cases, they will re-run.

Hey Andy,

Thanks for using Katalon Studio and provide valuable feedback. There is actually a ticket regarding this in our (long) development stack for discussion and consideration. I will let you know once I have something to share.

If you have any other problem, don’t hesitate to post on our forum. We are happy to help!

Regards,
Liam

Liam B said:

Andy Zhang said:

Hey Andy,

Thanks for using Katalon Studio and provide valuable feedback. There is actually a ticket regarding this in our (long) development stack for discussion and consideration. I will let you know once I have something to share.

If you have any other problem, don’t hesitate to post on our forum. We are happy to help!

Regards,
Liam

Liam B said:

Andy Zhang said:

Hey Andy,

Regards,
Liam

thank you

hi Team, Any update on this ? This is much needed feature, helps in circulating the combined report.