TFS integration and Desktop application testing

Hi,

Could you tell me if I can test desktop applications with Katalon? Also, can I integrate the tests with TFS? I am using Visual Studio right now.

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russell,

Currently Katalon Studio does not support testing on desktop application Integrate VSO (or TFS) s, so you can’t.

For TFS integration, please see my attached file as it contains helpful information on how to ingrate tests with TFS

Integrate VSO (or TFS).docx

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi Russell,

Currently Katalon Studio does not support testing on desktop application Integrate VSO (or TFS) s, so you can’t.

For TFS integration, please see my attached file as it contains helpful information on how to ingrate tests with TFS

Hi Vinh,

I was looking for the steps to integrate Katalon with TFS and tried to open the above listed docx file but it says page not found. Can you please provide the steps once again. Thank You !!

There’s a downloadable one at the end of this thread: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4201/installing-the-team-foundation-server-plug-in-for-katalon/p1

Here’s our basic setup in VSTS:

Create new pipeline:

Add a delete file step to remove any reports left by previous tests

Display Name: Delete files from C:\Path\To\KatalonTestFolder\Reports
Source Folder: C:\Path\To\KatalonTestFolder\Reports
Contents: *

**Run the test via Command Line **
Use the comand builder in Katalon - ensure to remove -noexit form the command.
Be sure to point the working folder to your Katalon executable folder

Display Name: Run Katalon
Tool: katalon
Arguments:

-runMode=console -projectPath="C:\Path\To\KatalonTestFolder\Your Katalon Test Suite.prj" -retry=0 -testSuiteCollectionPath="Test Suites/YourTestSuite"

Working folder: C:\Pathto\KatalonExecutableFolder

Publish Test Results

Diplay name: Publish Test Results C:\Path\To\KatalonTestFolder\Reports\\\JUnit_Report.xml
Test result format: JUnit
Test results files: C:\Path\To\KatalonTestFolder\Reports\\\JUnit_Report.xml
Search folder: $(System.DefaultWorkingDirectory)

katalonvsts1.png

katalonvsts2.png

katalonvsts3.png

katalonvsts4.png

1 Like

Hi @Zarashima …I have the same doubt but when I open the file , it says not found
Could you please write the results

HI Priyanka, is it working for you? if yes please share steps

Hi there, hi @Radford_Software_Ltd

I’ve looked at the above, also at the VSTS pipeline setup and I was wondering if I am missing something. When I run my tests in console mode, the reports I get are in a file called execution0.log and when I want to publish this with JUnit exporter in VSTS/Azure Devops, it errors on the fact that the file I’ve selected is not a valid JUnit test result file. How did you deal with this in your project?

Thanks in advance! and best regards.