Recording does not capture any objects

I am trying to record my steps but I am getting some kind of error. I am able to get it to launch the browser and I follow the login steps after which I hit stop. When I do this I get an error message but there is no text - just a message box that has heading error. And I get no objects captured. This says the recording is not working. Is there a log somewhere that will tell me why this is failing?

Hi Edward,

Please tell me that you are talking about Web Recorder of Katalon Studio, not separate Katalon Automation Recorder issue? If so I would like to move it to correct category.

Regards

Hi Vinh,

I imagine Edward is indeed talking about the Web Recorder of Katalon Studio, as I’m also experiencing the same issue on Katalon Studio Windows 64 - 5.2.0.1.

Regards,
Clayton

Please help to provide screenshots and Katalon Studio logs as described here : http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest. I still need to know which browsers you are currently using as well.

Hi Alex

I am also facing the same issue now previously it was working fine but now while recording no objects are getting captured. I am using chrome and FF both.

For FF: Its showing error without any text
For Chrome : There is no error message even

I am using
Version :5.3.0
build:1

I am trying to record my steps but I am getting some kind of error. I am able to get it to launch the browser and but do not see any objects recognized and no steps recorded. I am using Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4. Please see attachment for screenshot of the error.

Katalon Error.PNG

Even I am also facing the same like above mentioned in 5.4.2.Can anyone help on this

I had a similar issue in a old version of Katalon, What happens when you stop the recording by pressing the Red square, and then waiting a few seconds, and then clicking ok?
Is there any difference?