How does Katalon Studio decides which identifier to be used while automating tests?

Hello,

I started using Katalon Studio recently and got a question.

When I add a new Object in the Object Repository using Spy Web feature, I see that a quite a few identifiers and their corresponding value are captured.

My question is, for an Object, which identifier Katalon Studio uses? Can we change the default behavior of Katalon Studio on Object identification (like ID over Class etc.)?

Prabodh Ghosh said:

Hello,

I started using Katalon Studio recently and got a question.

When I add a new Object in the Object Repository using Spy Web feature, I see that a quite a few identifiers and their corresponding value are captured.

My question is, for an Object, which identifier Katalon Studio uses? Can we change the default behavior of Katalon Studio on Object identification (like ID over Class etc.)?

Hi Prabodh Ghosh,

Thanks for trying Katalon Studio. For the first question: “Which identifier Katalon Studio uses” I would like to say Katalon Studio will try to check on some common and unique properties to identify an object such as id, tag, name…

Second question: “Can we change the default behavior of Katalon Studio…” => It’s not possible in the current version. However, good news is users will be provided this ability in later releases :slight_smile:

Thanks Vinh for the explanation. Will wait for the later releases. Also, how do we upgrade the Katalon version in my system when the latest release is available?

Hi, I would like to know if this feature has been released?
Thanks.