I can't spy or record on android mobile

When i try to capture object to spy - Unable to capture objects Reason: WSTException Failed to execute runnable (org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:). When i try to record - Unable to capture objects Reason: ExceptionException java.lang.NullPointerException

You should use latest version 5.2 and try again.

@Vinh Nguyen said:
You should use latest version 5.2 and try again.

The same problem… for android devices as nexus 6P on android 8 and xiaomi mi4 on android 6.0.1. It works just on the splashscreen. But when i try to capture on the main grid - java.lang.NullPointerException

2 Likes

So I think this is a different issue. Can you set Appium level to Debug (Preferences -> Mobile -> Appium log level) and post the whole content of .appium file in your project folder?

Here is it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JvlXjt54VkRDf_EP9b3H6tQ3YsXnv9jV

Can you also copy for me full error message from Katalon Studio?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Can you also copy for me full error message from Katalon Studio?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D-mixBhKeHox8wKm5zfmaPecARp7iS4W

Thanks, if it is possible please send me your .apk file . Sorry for not asking all of them at one time.

Vinh Nguyen said:

Thanks, if it is possible please send me your .apk file . Sorry for not asking all of them at one time.

Never mind!
Here is it:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yXaNG716hCPxCOO9N-GMRqqV37xmL12U

@Vinh Nguyen said:

Hello!

How is it going?

Hi there,

I’ve faced the same issue as well. Do you know which technologies behind this application? I’ve tried with some of my applications and don’t observe this issue.

Regards

I am able to spy and record but when I try to execute the recorded script, it does not run.
Gives an error : Not able to locate the object.
Redmi Note 4, Android version 7.

Sameer Singh said:

I am able to spy and record but when I try to execute the recorded script, it does not run.
Gives an error : Not able to locate the object.
Redmi Note 4, Android version 7.

Please give me the full error message. Any screenshot will help too.

Please fin error screenshot below

Sameer Singh said:

This is the error.
Also, same code works fine on Android version 5 and 6

Error.JPG

Yaroslav Starshevsky said:

@Vinh Nguyen said:

Hello!

How is it going?

By the way, this issue from Yaroslav has been fixed and will be delivered in the next release.

Sameer Singh said:

This is an error related to this object can’t be found, not related to any of Katalon Studio execution yet. Can you see if ‘android.widget.Button0 - continue’ object is available from your Test Explorers?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Sameer Singh said:

This is an error related to this object can’t be found, not related to any of Katalon Studio execution yet. Can you see if ‘android.widget.Button0 - continue’ object is available from your Test Explorers?

Hi,
Yes, it is available from Test Explorers, also as I mentioned same code works on devices with android version 5, 6.
So, maybe it is an issue with android version 7.0nrd90m with Redmi Note 4 devices.

Hi,
How to do a website testing on mobile browser/M6. can anyone pls share the steps