Why no one has answer for java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the

In my local Unix Ubunu env i keep getting error as

java.awt.AWTError: Can’t connect to X11 window server using ‘:0.0’ as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

I tried all below options

1)-Djava.awt.headless
2) installed xvbf.
3) export DISPLAY=:0.0

I also gave command line as

./katalon -runMode=console -projectPath=“/home/jenktran/Automation/Katalon First Proj/Katalon First Proj.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/TimesheetTestCaseForChrome” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)”

./katalon -runMode=console -projectPath=“/home/jenktran/Automation/Katalon First Proj/Katalon First Proj.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/TimesheetTestCaseForChrome” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)” —Djava.awt.headless

What else i can do?

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution for this? I’m currently facing the same issue. We’re running our tests on BrowserStack, so there’s no need for a desktop gui on our CI server!

1 Like

Same issue with Katalon 5.2 running on Ubuntu with a Browserstack instance:

$ ./katalon -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath="[pathToMyTestProject].prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/TS001_Login" -browserType="bs_win10_chrome63" -reportFolder="Reports"

Maybe the value for “browserType” is invalid?
But the same command works fine when I execute is on Katalon 5.2 for Windows.

1 Like

in 5.3.1 the same problem. does somebody have working solution?

I had the same problem when trying to execute Katalon in console mode using a cron job with no user logged in. The only way I found to fix the problem was by using xvfb-run. More details:

2 Likes

I am also facing same problem in remote server (Ubuntu)
Bug: java.awt.AWTError: Can’t connect to X11 window server using: 10.0 as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Please provide a solution for this error.

Arun K Dey said:

I am also facing same problem in remote server (Ubuntu)
Bug: java.awt.AWTError: Can’t connect to X11 window server using: 10.0 as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

Please provide a solution for this error.

sudo apt-get install xvfbxvfb-run [your command]Solved the problem. Thanks
1 Like