Katalon Studio v5.8 - It's time for the all-new API testing experience
Greigh MacMichael
Katalon Apprentice
12/04/2017

Web Testing Electron Builds

Hi Support,

I have a desktop app built using electron (which uses Chromium). Katalon Studio recognizes the application as an 'active browser', when you select it from the "Record" drop down, however I get the generic message: "Katalon Automation Recorder extension is required for capturing objects in active tabs that were not opened by Katalon Studio....."

****TWO MAIN QUESTIONS****
1. Is there a way to use the Katalon Studio "Record Web" recorder to launch the app from command line, according to the above message window I wouldn't need the extensions, is this possible?
2. To install Katalon Studio extensions on electron I have found the below link: https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/master/docs/tutorial/devtools-extension.md will this work for testing our application, or are there any other pre-requisites?

Please feel to also make any other suggestions.

Tagged:
Upvote

Comments

• Sarah
    Katalon Apprentice
    01/12/2018
    A have a similar question...

I want to automatically test an Electron desktop app, that should be possible to open from a file location on the local machine.
    Is it possible to test WITHIN the window? (Other programs only recognize the window, but not what is inside)
    Upvote
  • Greigh MacMichael
    Katalon Apprentice
    08/10/2018
    ^ Bump!
    Upvote