Help with Importing Katalon Recorder Test Scripts into Katalon Studio?

After creating several groovy scripts in Katalon recorder and exporting them to groovy (Katalon supported scripts). I don’ see anywhere in Katalon Studio where can I import them as test cases. Am I misinterpreting the export feature for Katalon recorder?

Hi,

Just create a test case, switch to “Script” mode (the tab at the bottom of the test case), then copy & paste the script into the editor. Save it and there you are.

Although - Katalon Studio has a built-in recorder (see the top toolbar) with more functions. The above steps are meant for users to convert existing Selenium IDE test cases (Selenese) to Katalon Studio test cases, or to export recorded test cases to Java, Ruby, Robot Framework

1 Like

Hi Team,

If katalon recorder has functionality to convert katalon script into Selenium or C# then it would be good if we have the same functionality in studio as well.

Thanks,
Manish

Hi Manish,

Would you please provide more details information as for why do you need to convert Katalon’s script into Selenium or C#? It’d be helpful for development team knows how this feature would help you.

Thank you for using Katalon products,

Happy Holidays!
Liam

Liam B said:

Hi Manish,

Would you please provide more details information as for why do you need to convert Katalon’s script into Selenium or C#? It’d be helpful for development team knows how this feature would help you.

Thank you for using Katalon products,

Happy Holidays!
Liam

Liam, some softwares only accept selenium in order to automate tasks (qualys scanner) as an example. I have been using the katalon automation recorder however exporting it as selenium is not an option

Hi,
can anyone help me
Recorded a test case using selenium ide and want to run test case in katalon automation recorder before that I have to add .js file for inputs but in katalon automation recorder we have only option for .csv file, now how can I use that .js file

I second Manish’s request. The developers on my team need the code to be exported as C#(WebDriver + MStest) as TeamCity (the automation software they use for deployment of code) and the web product they are building both run on C#.

Is there any chance that this feature is coming soon or do I need to re-write all my Katalon Studio scripts in Katalon Recorder?

thanks

Dan

1 Like

The process is:

1. In Katalon Recorder open your test case and click on the Export {} button
  2. Using the Format Option dropdown, select Katalon Studio
  3. Copy the script using the Copy to Clipboard button (or use Crtl-A, Ctrl-C)
  4. In Katalon Studio open or create a blank test case
  5. Under the test case, select the Script tab
  6. Paste in your test script

Note, there may be some lines of the script that show errors. You will need to rectify those to successfully run the script.

C# support in Katalon would be great. At the company that I work for C# is all we use so having support for C# while using the studio would be excellent!