Unable to send email through Katalon studio

Hi all ,

i am not able to send email through katalon studio :

Getting below error

image.png

I was able to send emails with attachments try if you have gmail account
I did with gmail

I am able to sent a mail with attachment to myself not able to sent email with attachment to multiple recipient .

Disable your antivirus and the problem is solved…

1 Like

@Bojan Ognjenovic
Thanks mate it worked post disabling firewall/antivirus , i was wondering if we have any rule that can be added in firewall so that this functionality can work :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I was able to sent mail previously with attachment, but not able to sent after test suite execution from few days. After completion of test suite execution I am seeing message that say “mail sending”, but not receiving to my email id. Where I am able to sent test mail to my id by clicking on Sent test mail button. Not sure why it is not working now.

Bug Reported in Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1

On Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1, if the Project Settings - Email - Report Format - “Include report as email attachment” check box is checked, no matter which additional check boxes are checked or unchecked (HTML file; CSV file; PDF file; Log files ), no email will be sent after a Test Suite is run…

The only way to receive an email after a Test Suite is run, is to avoid checking the Project Settings - Email - Report Format - “Include report as email attachment” check box…

Also, if a Test Suite is run using Console Mode (Command Line), then no email will be sent after a Test Suite is run, regardless if the Project Settings - Email - Report Format - “Include report as email attachment” check box is checked or if it is unchecked…

My apologies for the misinformation - I have discovered that the Security team at my university has instituted an email policy to prevent our staff from receiving emails with .zip file attachments!

When I now configure the Katalon Studio email settings to send to an “outside” email account, the Katalon Summary Report functionality works properly, whether I use the GMail SMTP Server or my university’s SMTP Server…

The Katalon Summary Report functionality also works properly when I run a Test Suite using Console Mode, if I use “outside” email accounts when email attachments are included…

I have no explanation as to why the Katalon Summary Report functionality also works properly when I run a Test Suite using Console Mode, using both “inside” and “outside” email accounts when there are no email attachments included…

I will leave that mystery for others to discover…!

amrendra said:

I am able to sent a mail with attachment to myself not able to sent email with attachment to multiple recipient .

The same thing happens to me. Is there a way to solve this without having to disable the antivirus?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi all ,

i am not able to send email through katalon studio :

Getting below error

I have same issue on Version: 6.2.0

I have the same issue on version: 6.1.5 on Mac 10.14

Even I’m getting the same issue in Katalon 6.2.0

hi please im facing the same issue how can i disable antivirus?

I am having the same issue in Katalon Version 7.4

I faced this issue 2.5 yrs back , and it was resolved post disabling the firewall/windows defender and also turn on Less secure app access:

1 Like

Gmail has a total size limit for attachments https://support.google.com/mail/?p=MaxSizeError. Splitting attachments won’t work.

You can send up to 25 MB in attachments. If you have more than one attachment, they can’t add up to more than 25 MB.

Suggested approach: Upload reports to AWS S3, Google Drive, or Katalon Analytics and insert the respective links to report emails.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.