Katalon integration with Zephyr for JIRA

Good Day!

I am trying to find the documentation relevant for Katalon integration with Zephyr for JIRA. However, I can only see documentation for JIRA. Please advise.

Thank you.

image.png

3 Likes

Is there any solution for this ?

1 Like

HI,

Zephyr is also having similar installation steps as JIRA

1 Like

abhishek kumar said:

HI,

Zephyr is also having similar installation steps as JIRA

How to update Zephyr test case status in JIRa using katalon execution?

4 Likes

Please Has there been any information about how to do the above request of integrating katalon to update the Zephry test cases that are in Jira?

1 Like

I am interested with this. Maybe should be looked into in the next release?

2 Likes

Can someone from Katalon team reply to this thread please?

1 Like

@4836-Alice,
@Vinh Nguyen,

Are there any plans to provide integration between Katalon Studio and Zephyr for JIRA, similar to the “qTest Integration”?

4 Likes

Create Zephyr test execution: Using ZAPI (Zephyr API Plug-in), this is possible. ZAPI is not the best API out there as the response values generated are very limited (i.e. Project Key is mostly not generated; Project ID instead - How to get Project ID in JIRA)
Creation of Zephyr test execution:

1. Create an Web service request under Object repository (let’s call it ZAPI-Create Execution):

http://${url}/rest/zapi/latest/execution

1. Set your JIRA URL under Profiles:

GlobalVariable.URL with sample value: https://test123.atlassian.net

1. Create a hook under Test Listener (ideally @BeforeTestCase):

def create_test_execution = WS.sendRequest(findTestObject(‘JIRA/ZAPI-Create Execution’, [(‘projectId’) : ‘1500’, (‘cycleId’) : ‘-1’, (‘issueId’) : ‘30’, (‘assigneeType’) : ‘asignee’, (‘asignee’) : ‘sysadmin’, (‘url’) : GlobalVariable.URL]))
def jsonSlurper = new JsonSlurper()
def json_create_test_execution = jsonSlurper.parseText(create_test_execution.getResponseText())
def (rootKey, testExecutionId) = json_create_test_execution.findResult { k, v → [k, v.id] }
log.logInfo('Test execution ID ’ + testExecutionId + ‘created.’)

Note: You may replace the values above with your actual JIRA Project ID (1500) and Issue Type ID (30) (Zephyr Test ID or JIRA User Story); Cycle ID “-1” is the ad-hoc Test Cycle. You may also replace this. Refer to the JIRA link mentioned above to get the Project and Issue ID.

2 Likes

Updating of test execution status using ZAPI (Zephyr API plug-in in JIRA):

1. Create a ewb service request under Object repository (let’s call it ZAPI- Update Execution Details) using ZAPI API:
    http://test123.atlassian.net/rest/zapi/latest/execution/**15**/execute
  2. Include the code below inside @AfterTestCase under the Test Listeners:

String statusID = ‘’
if(testCaseContext.getTestCaseStatus().equalsIgnoreCase(‘PASSED’)){
statusID = ‘1’ //1 is the code for PASSED in Zephy
}else{ //default to Failed
statusID = ‘2’ //2 is the code for FAILED in Zephyr
}
def update_test_execution_status = WS.sendRequest(findTestObject(‘ZAPI-Update Execution Details’, [(‘exId’) : ‘15’, (‘exStatus’) : statusID]))

Note: For now, I only included the following status: PASSED and FAILED; Test execution ID is different from Issue Type ID.

3 Likes

Hi Evan,

Same requirement we have to execute in JIRA using Zephyr Plug-in. It will be more useful if you provided detailed Steps

Evan.

Could you please provide the updates?

I am having the same requirement.
I want to integrate my Katalon Test Scipts with Zephyr Use cases .
Is there any lead .?

Could you please provide the updates?
Thank you!