Can i install Katalon studio in Ubuntu?

Not able download Katalon in Ubuntu.

Yes you can, here is the link from release note 4.8:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Version+4.8#Version4.8-KatalonStudioConsoleModeforLinuxOS

Only console mode execution is supported here

Hi,

I had downloaded the Katalon studio from the above link to install it in Ubuntu. Downloaded the file as given (Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-4.8.tar.gz) and extracted the files.

After extracting the files, followed the steps given in the below link where I had navigated to the folder which has katalon.exe in CMD and then pasted (**./katalon {option1} {option2} … {optionN}) **next to the $ in CMD which was specified in below link for Linux.

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Console+Mode+Execution

Concluding, I was not able to install Katalon in Ubuntu. Please see the attached screenshot for better understanding.

Thanks

katalon.png

This same issue i to have

I am so fucked with this Katalon installation on Linux, have spent the whole day trying to set it up. Fuck, so pissed off. Guys, do something with this pls

Title

Text

OKCancel

2 Likes

Hi All

When I try to start katalon on ubuntu I pass the parameters as [1] but I get an NPE as below[2]. How to pass the parameters accurately

[1]command
./katalon -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath="/home/user/products/project1/project.prj" -testSuitPath="/home/user/products/project1/TestSuit" -browserType=“Chrome”

I tried with both Katalon_Studio-4.8/ and Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.4.1/ with java version “1.8.0_131”

[2]
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2018-04-30 07:58:54.834
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
122 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.GlobalVariableFileServiceManager.getWrapper(GlobalVariableFileServiceManager.java:44)
at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.manager.GlobalVariableFileServiceManager.getAll(GlobalVariableFileServiceManager.java:17)
at com.kms.katalon.dal.fileservice.dataprovider.GlobalVariableFileServiceDataProvider.getAll(GlobalVariableFileServiceDataProvider.java:13)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.getAllGlobalVariables(GlobalVariableController.java:31)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:54)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProject(ProjectController.java:96)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.getProject(ConsoleMain.java:223)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.findProject(ConsoleMain.java:130)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.console.ConsoleMain.launch(ConsoleMain.java:70)
at com.kms.katalon.console.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:62)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runConsole(Application.java:72)
at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:56)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

2 Likes

This same issue I to have in Ubuntu. Is there any update?

1 Like

pkessio@VIN:~/programs/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.8.6(1)/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.8.6$

After navigating to this folder i ran this command

inux_64-5.8.6$ cd ./katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath="~/test/test/testkatalon~/programs/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.8.6/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.8.6"
bash: cd: too many arguments

Please assist on the right way to install on ubuntu 18