Drop down box trouble

Hi, I am testing a website that has a lot of drop down boxes. It records fine, but when I try and play it back Katalon can not access the drop down boxes, can someone help me with this?

If the drop down object id are coming dynamic, then the tool cannot find the object. So try to find the Object which is unique and will not change dynamic. And the content of the drop down you can use the option like selectoptionbyindex it starts with 0 like 0-first element,1 second element in the drop down and so on…Hope it will help you

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Risk Management Operations Fi (3)/strong_Markets’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Page_Risk Management Operations Fi (3)/strong_Markets’ located by ‘By.xpath: //strong[count(. | id(“sticky-nav”)/div[@class=“container”]/ul[@class=“global-nav-inline”]/li[@class=“menu item-hover”]/a[@class=“menu-toggle text-upper”]/strong[1]) = count(id(“sticky-nav”)/div[@class=“container”]/ul[@class=“global-nav-inline”]/li[@class=“menu item-hover”]/a[@class=“menu-toggle text-upper”]/strong[1])]’ not found)

I have found a workaround. I consider I always have to select the first item of the dynamic list and it works: the script can continue !!!

To do that, you just have to change the detection method of the targeted item: check the data-index way.

Hope this helps

Hello,

I’ve got quite the same issue, not an error but the execution can’t go on because the list of values is dynamic (postal addresses). For some websites it works by inserting a key action “Tab” in the script but for some other object types only the mouse action works so it can’t be managed in the test case. Is it possible to choose always the 1st item of a value list ? If so could you please tell which action to call ? (please consider I do not have any dev skills)

Many thanks

Hi there,

Playback usually doesn’t work properly and it is the nature of using recording due to test object is being changed dynamically or you have to wait for the element to be visible. Can you post for me the error message displayed?

Hello,
I am testing a website with bootstrap framework. I am having a lot of trouble selecting an element from a dropdown menu. When attempting to make the menu populate, I am unable to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already tried the following example below. Thank you.

"

WebUI.waitForPageLoad(30)
// Wait for BootStrap Combo box
'Wait for BootStrap Combo box'
WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject('Object Repository/BootStrapcombo/DropDown'), 30)
// Click on the BootStrap Combo box
'Click on the BootStrap Combo box'
WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/BootStrapcombo/DropDown'))
// Wait for the menuitem to b visible
'Wait for the menuitem to b visible'
WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject('Object Repository/BootStrapcombo/MenuItem/JavaScript'), 30)
// Click on Menu Item
'Click on Menu Item'
WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/BootStrapcombo/MenuItem/JavaScript'))"

chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/content/recorder-handlers.js:309 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘clientX’ of undefined

at Recorder.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/content/recorder-handlers.js:309)

at HTMLDocument.listener (chrome-extension://ljdobmomdgdljniojadhoplhkpialdid/content/recorder.js:58)  

Recorder issues withdrop down

I have a constant name in the drop down

What I found works is that for a dropdown box with tag, there is a tag associated with it. So use the selectbyvalue on the xpath of the select tag and not the span tag.

dear, I want to know how to select by index?

@kolapo, also, adding in a 2 second delay after the span usually fixes it for everyone.