Katalon Analytics (beta) – Bringing new insights into test reports. Learn more!

task scheduler

Hi,

How can I run the test cases/suites I created automatically? i.e. with task scheduler. In order for the tests to run daily.

Thanks

Comments

• edited September 6

Hi Mark,

There's no such function in Katalon (as far as I know) . But I managed to do it with Windows taskscheduler (or any other) and a batchfile. With Katalon you can generate a CMD script (https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Console+Mode+Execution). Paste the script in a batchfile and use a taskscheduler to do the rest. My batchfile looks like this (the part from "katalon studio"\katalon-run...browserType="Chrome" is generated by CMD script by Katalon):

@echo on
    users\downloads\"katalon studio"\katalon -runMode=console -projectPath="C:\Users\Downloads\Katalon Studio\Katalon Studio Projects\Regressiontest studentwebsite\Testcases_general.prj" -reportFolder="../../Desktop" -reportFileName="report" -sendMail="youname@yourmail.com;" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/New Test Suite-1" -browserType="Chrome"