open katalon as non admin user

Hi,

Is there a way for Katalon to be used without having an admin rights to the user account of the machine? Is it possible that an admin adjust the setting of the machine so that non-admin user account can still use the tool? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Hi Hung Pham,

The browser’s (IE and Chrome) have already been installed to the machine. When we are using an admin account, everything is working fine (capturing object using object spy and running a test) but when using a non-admin account on the machine the tool is not working.

Hi Hung Pham,

Thank you for the information. Our machine has a group policy that is being implemented in our workstation. By default all of our accounts are like “guest accounts” in the machine and we are just requesting our engineering to install the tool. Please advice if there is anything that I can check and do on my end to use the Katalon because right now I am encountering the error “Unable to launch the web browser. Please make sure the selected browser is installed on your machine and try again.” when I am trying to open a link to spy and capture the object property. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Joseph

Hi There,

We are running into this same issue but for some reason are not seeing the responses from Hung Pham. Can anyone update me on this situation? (Being able to use a non-admin account)