Confirm email received

Confirm email received

I have to confirm that an email was sent after specific events.

I can browse to gmail and fetch that way, but would prefer to use imap or rest api to do that.

Any help or direction will be appreciated

• Automating GMAIL is not a good idea. GMAIL has updated their privacy policy. But still quite many users automate to retrieve mails. You may do it using Java mailx - Imap. In Katalon we need to add it as a custom keyword.

Suggested approach would be using Mailinators unless the mail contains sensitive data. I usually use Mailinator for forgot passwords and to test notifications.
  • Thank you.

Unfortunately it might contain sensitve info.

javax.mail works like a charm.
  • Mailinator would delete emails for every 30 min or 120min. That should not be a problem
  • edited November 2017

You can use gmail for testing purposes. You can use gmail account aliases to send unlimited emails to your gmail account. You can create a gmail account only for testing and then use it for all your testing. For example let me share with you this link

Also I have setup a video tutorial just for this email confirmation automation

• @Muhammad Asif - excellent tutorial. I followed your example, changing some global variable names / values to match what I need, but I keep getting this error:
    No signature of method: ConfirmEmail.fetchEmailVerifyURL() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

nothing in the code base has changed

• How do you pass parameters for that function? That error message indicates you pass wrong parameter type into that function
  • The variables are global (per the tutorial), but I changed their names and values to fit what I needed. Will revisit and make corrections, while I wait for your reply :)
  • The topic is closed due to inactiveness. Feel free to create a new one if you all still have any concerns.
This discussion has been closed.