For web service Rest API, getting error as

Hi, I am new in this…I have using Post method for Rest API, I have entered API url, HTTP header, HTTP body and run it but it gives me error as " Cannot send the test request" error.

I have the same problem, it looks like it can’t handle a 404 response. Because i only trigger this issue on calls where the response should be a 404. When i do the same call in POSTMAN it works correct. I hope the Katalon team will fix this issue soon

@pramod shinde said:
Hi, I am new in this…I have using Post method for Rest API, I have entered API url, HTTP header, HTTP body and run it but it gives me error as " Cannot send the test request" error.

Hello, which Katalon version do you use? When I try it in Katalon 4.8, everything works fine. Postman has some testing endpoint for 404 response and request is sent correctly.

404postman.jpg

Hi there,

Can you please clarify your issue in more details such as providing details of your web service object? Where do you ‘run’ it ( use ‘Send Request’ keyword or click on ‘Test Request’ in web service object ) ? Do you check that your object details is correct?

I am new to api testing. I have client_id,client_secretid and grant_type values. When i enter these values in postman along with the POST url,i get the requested token. Where to enter these values in Katalon ? i tried entering the values under Parameters but no luck.

api.png

I have the same issue, I need to verify an errorMessage associated with a 400 response code status. It’s not possible to get the errorMessage because in this case Katalon raise an error “could not send the test request”. Am I missing something ?

Hello,
I still can’t send a request with Katalon when the REST service response contains a 400 status code. Is it a bug in Katalon ?
I am using the 5.1 Katalon version and this problem occurs when I test a request or when I do a SendRequest in a test. I am pretty sure that my request is correct, no problem with Postman and SoapUi.

Hello,
I am still facing this issue and no response from the team since 11 days.

I am evaluating Katalon. It is my first try with a simple Webservice test and it fails.
The major problem for the moment is the fact that there is no support : how can we be confident in this testing tool ?

Bertrand and all,

I do apologize for missing the case. I have verified the situation with different available tools so that we could let the development team handle the case more careful.
We have missed this error handling so I have registered the incident with high priority. We should expect it fixed in the next release.

One again, thank you so much for your nice patience. On the other hands, we have alot other nice features for both API and UI Testing that I think it is worth with your time on evaluation.

Have a nice day.

Hello Trong
Thank you, I hope this fix will come soon :wink:

Is this issue fixed or addresses in the latest version 5.3 or is it yet to be fixed. Waiting on this issue to be resolved.

there’s lack of support on this solution, lot of questions I posted are not answered since a while ! … I’ve even sent a question to have some paid support but nothing … the product has a good potential but I think I’ll move on to another solution :frowning:

sandeepteja mummmoji said:

Is this issue fixed or addresses in the latest version 5.3 or is it yet to be fixed. Waiting on this issue to be resolved.

We have fixed the issue, but not release it in 5.3 yet since we have to verify the issue together with other feature as well. We might have it released in the next 2 weeks.

ABHINAV BHATNAGAR said:

I am new to api testing. I have client_id,client_secretid and grant_type values. When i enter these values in postman along with the POST url,i get the requested token. Where to enter these values in Katalon ? i tried entering the values under Parameters but no luck.

i am also facing the same issue.Any help would be appreciated.

ABHINAV BHATNAGAR said:

Hey you can try sending the body in httpBody section in katalon. And send the body in single line.i.e client_id=someValue1&client_secretid=someValue2 and so on.

If you have the same issue that you could not verify the error response code, ie 400, please wait for the next release. We have fixed the issue but not included in the build yet for verifycation.

The issue has been fixed and released in version 5.3.1. Please give it a try.

Hi Trong Bui, the issue still exists in version 5.3.1 and has not fixed this issue.

Katalon.png

1 Like

Dheemanth said:

Hi Trong Bui, the issue still exists in version 5.3.1 and has not fixed this issue.

Dheemanth,

This error message is not relating to error code 404 we have fixed. It seems a connection issue. Could you double check on the proxy?