How can I open an android app at the start of a test case?

I want to run tests on a android app.I have captured the elements.At the time of executing the test cases,the app should automatically run on the device.How to do that ?

Yes, How to fetch the app path, Where the apk file should be placed. weather we can run the test on real devices?

Hi there,

The apk file should be ‘best’ placed in your project folder . You can refer to ‘Sample Mobile Project’ project from Katalon Studio to understand more about this :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi,

You need to add 'Start Application’ step before any interaction of verification on the application. Please refer to our sample MOBILE project which has the sample test case to demonstrate this.

Thanks

you can place apk on any location on your computer. During recording for the first time the apk would have been installed on your device so no need to worry about run time. plus the param “UninstallAfterCloseApp” in the first step of test cases “start application” is set to “false”. This will prevent your app getting reinstalled during run time, as during recrding this param is set to true.

Thanks,
Mosaj

apk.png

Recently downloaded the app Google Play and it was indeed running smooth on my Google Pixle until I updated to Android 8.0. Now whenever I will open the app it’s simply loading a blank screen and crashing eventually after few seconds. It’s very annoying.

Any help/solution? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
9Apps Cartoon HD

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
  2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
  3. Restart your phone
  4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! :slight_smile:

Regards,