Unable to start app at: ‘…\Katalon Studio\Samples\Mobile\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException: Name is null)

Hello,

I’m new to Katalon and I want to launch my first mobile test case.

But when I launch the samble projet I get this message :

Unable to start app at: ‘…\Katalon Studio\Samples\Mobile\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException: Name is null)

I can’t figure out what “Name” it’s about. What should I do?

Thank you,

Zoé

That was it! I needed to run explicitely on Android (I thought it would launch on Android by default) and also… to deactivate the PIN code protection of my phone. If not, I get an error like this:

“org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Screen did not unlock successfully, retrying (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)”

Thanks for you quick answer (though I didn’t try again immediately), now I can go further in my test :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am also facing almost similar issue as following :

Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\SFS\Katalon Studio\37D_Asia_Mobile_Project\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Invalid Version: android-8.0.0 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

I’ve already removed PIN/pattern code in my phone but still unable to run this mobile test application. Any part which i missed out?

Thank you.

Hi saifulfaizee

On the Menu go to Project - settings then execution - default - mobile - android. and add as below :
“appWaitActivity” “String” " * "

image.png