Web service response returns 500 internal error

Hi

I’ve created a web service request in the Object repository that calls an endpoint and returns a list of selenium tests that ran on CrossBrowserTesting.com

When testing the request in Katalon by clicking on the test request button I receive a response containing all the requested data.

When calling the web service within a test case the response returns an internal error

ResponseObject response = WS.sendRequest(findTestObject('List_Selenium_Test_History'))

Response Text= "internal error"

Status code= 500

please advise on what I am missing or doing wrong.

hi, i have the same problem but my SO is Windows 10, i create the Request RestFul in the object repository when i click test request this working fine but fail when i use the sendrequest keyword in a test case

Thank You Vinh. The new version works.

Appreciate the quick fix.

Hi Vinh

This is urgent as the majority of the testing is for API requests. Do you know when the release is scheduled for?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Vinh

I just added the auth to parameters because I wanted to see if it would make a difference. I have deleted it from the parameters and just added to headers but I get the same error.

I have also added
“User-Agent”: “Mozilla/5.0”
“Content-Type”: “application/json”
works in Test Request but not in Send Request.

Please see the link below with screenshots and screen recording.

Katalon_Screen_Recording

Hi there,

Here is the link to fixed one for your case. Please give it a try.

Thanks

In that case, we will build a small version to fix that for you and send to you asap.

Thanks

Hi there,

After investigating, it’s an issue from ‘Send Request’ keyword. It will be fixed in the next release soon. Can you wait until there or this is an urgent case you need to do?

Thanks

Hi there,

‘500 internal error’ is the error generated by server.

I see you add ‘Authorization’ key in ‘Parameters’ section of that test object. That’s not correct because this key should be added to ‘HTTP Header’ section. Please remove it from ‘Parameters’ section.

When you click on ‘Apply to header’ button from Authorization section, the generated authorization key will be applied to the ‘HTTP Header’ section, so you don’t need to add Authorization key into ‘Parameters’ section.

Thanks

I think they are the same. Do you have more info to provide such as the screenshot showing results from sending the request on web service object view or Katalon Studio logs?

Thanks

hi there,in ver 5.0.1 its working as well, but for ver 5.2 and 5.3 the test case failed when response code 500.