Unable to spy/capture objects in IE

Unable to spy/capture objects in IE 11 with katalon spy web option. Objects are being captured in Chrome and Firefox

Hi Vikram,

Check whether KATALON Recorder Extension / Spy Add-on for IE is Installed… If it is installed and enabled then check whether it is blocked by firewall ?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

The issue is that I am unable to spy/capture the objects in IE11. Tried all the steps that were mentioned in the link which you have provided but still no luck.

Hi,

If you are not able to run script on Internet Explorer then please refer this link

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations

I’m also experiencing this issue. My test cases always fails when being executed on IE browser but is working fine on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. My IE version is 11.0.9600.18698

Hi,

It is happening for all the websites in IE. I am not able to identify only in IE. Object identification is fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Recording is also not working in IE for any of the websites. Again, this is fine in Firefox and Chrome.

My IE version is 11.

Can you help to describe your issue in more details? Is it happen for all websites or just your web application? How about recording?

@Vikram Davuluri said:
Hi,

It is happening for all the websites in IE. I am not able to identify only in IE. Object identification is fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Recording is also not working in IE for any of the websites. Again, this is fine in Firefox and Chrome.

My IE version is 11.

Yes I have submitted a ticket for this issue but yet get response.I have seen multiple users facing same issue for ie 11

I have issues for IE browser as

1. Cannot record via IE11 for my local SP application, only double click is being captured, although am able to record on other internet based application like google.

2. Cannot find objects recorded. I tried recorded xpath as well as xpath captured by chrome via xpath helper. It can find via Detect object by? selected as text only.

Bug confirmed for IE 11 and Katalon Studio 5.0.1

When this is getting fixed ?

As a workaround can we use any older versions of Katalon Studio with IE 11?

I am having a similar issue. I have configured IE as documented, however trying to spy in IE locks up Katalon 5.1.0 build 2

FYI Jason - So I have started a discussion about this the other day. Today, I went to the https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations page and followed step-by-step instructions to configure IE. I am still having an issue where using Spy Web locks up Katalon and I would have to kill the application to use it again. This is on the latest build as well.

Hey guys,
Katalon team is looking into this issue at the moment. The fix will be included in the next release of Katalon Studio.
Thank you for using Katalon Studio and providing awesome feedbacks to make the app better.

Best,
Liam

hello! I’mnot able to take capture on chrome! I’m just following the tutorials but still not able to any one can give a hand please?

Hi Guys,

Is there any solution for this issue yet? I need to record using IE but it does not work and I couldn’t find an older version of Katalon to download.

Rgds, Marco

Hi, I am not able to record activity on chrome and firefox either… it always automatically closed browser… Any solution? I have latest katalon version. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2018-01-09_11-06-43.png

We will look at this issue on IE in our next release because we aren’t sure what really happens with Record/ Spy on IE. Regards to other browsers besides IE, can you double check again from your configurations

I have this same problem with IE 11 and Spy Web. (Katalon Studio 5.3.0)

This is a known problem and there will be fix in some future version?