CS agents will respond to tickets via forum instead of private helpdesk to support other users with similar issues.

did not provide any stacktrace

I have a problem to deploy the katalon Software in native app (mobile vs Samsung A5 vs 05.00.02) .

When I try to run a mobile spy Object , in a real device , the katalon shows me this fault "Unable to start aplication on this device. An uknown server-side error occurred while processing the command.Error Occurred while starting App...".

With example code (APIDemos) works correctly.

The question is ... Is it necessary deploy some library in the app, for the automate will be available ?

or Is it the installation fault in MAC PC?

It's necessary implement some method in the source code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Comments

• No you don't need it. It is the problem of Appium itself. Can you set your Appium Log Level to "Debug" (You can find this option in Windows > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Mobile) , retry your execution and send me appium.log file which is available in your project folder?
  • [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS_CODE: 0
    [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS: stream=
    [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] Test results for WatcherResultPrinter=.
    [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] Time: 26.707
    [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] OK (1 test)
    [debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [UIAUTO STDOUT] INSTRUMENTATION_STATUS_CODE: -1
    [debug] [UiAutomator] UiAutomator shut down normally
    [debug] [UiAutomator] Moving to state 'stopped'
    [debug] [ADB] Attempting to kill all uiautomator processes
    [debug] [ADB] Getting all processes with uiautomator
    [debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices...
    [debug] [ADB] 1 device(s) connected
    [debug] [ADB] Running '/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/tools/android_sdk/platform-tools/adb' with args: ["-P",5037,"-s","7bf351a9","shell","ps"]
    [ADB] No uiautomator process found to kill, continuing...
    [debug] [UiAutomator] Moving to state 'stopped'
    [debug] [Logcat] Stopping logcat capture
    [debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices...
    [debug] [ADB] 1 device(s) connected
    [debug] [ADB] Running '/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/resources/tools/android_sdk/platform-tools/adb' with args: ["-P",5037,"-s","7bf351a9","shell","am","force-stop","io.appium.unlock"]
    [debug] [AndroidDriver] Not cleaning generated files. Add `clearSystemFiles` capability if wanted.
    [HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 43156 ms - 376
  • Is that the FULL logs? Which Appium version and Android version from your device?
  • I see, these lines say it all:

[debug] [ADB] Found package: ‘com.seat.connectedcar.csharing.localMock’ and fully qualified activity name : ‘com.seat.connectedcar.csharing.presentation.home.MainActivity’
    [debug] [ADB] Incorrect package and activity. Retrying.
    [debug] [ADB] Getting focused package and activity
    [debug] [ADB] Getting connected devices…

In order to resolve this one,please try adding the following key Mobile settings (Project > Settings > Execution > Default > Mobile > Android)
    - Name: appWaitActivity
    - Value: com.*

Thanks
  • OOOOOooo many thanks. The issue is solved.

• Other question , if I would like configure to test the same App in IOS, ¿Is it necessary configure the same property, or I need other name and another value ?
  • You don't need to define this settings on iOS application as I believe this issue doesn't happen on iOS application
  • Can you follow up on this? I am experiencing similar issues