Variables not listed in Input dropdown in manual test tab

Hi
using Katalon Studio 5.8.6.
Summary: In manual view of Test Case it is not possible to see variables listed as inputs.

Objective is to create a test case manually, using mainly variables for inputs.
First step - capture Objects.
Second - Variables declared within the ‘Variables’ tab of Test Case, along with Type & Value.
Third - create steps in ‘Manual’ view.

Issue occurs when using variable in test step - eg ‘Verify Element text’ should take variable as ‘Input’. When I click ‘Input’ in Manual view and change ‘Value Type’ to ‘Variable’, the ‘value’ field appears as a dropdown but there are no entries.
I’m sure all variables used to be listed here?
The test case works if I type the variable into that field but requires me retyping or copy/pasting.

I have saved project, used ‘Clean Up’ and been opening and reopening the project over the last few days, but variables still do not appear in dropdown.
Many thanks
Dan

Just I guess … you need to save all changes made after the Second step before Third step.

Second - Variables declared within the ‘Variables’ tab of Test Case, along with Type & Value.

_ 2.5 - Click “Save All button”_

Third - create steps in ‘Manual’ view.

Hi - tried this unfortunately. Even after saving, closing Katalon and reopening it, then editing the same test case… still no variables in drop down. Cheers

This issue looks similar to the following:

Thank you Kazurayam - I searched before I posted but didn’t manage to find that one. That is exactly the problem I have though. Am I able to mark this as a duplicate and then add this to other thread for further evidence? Cheers

Fixed in 5.9.0 (and 5.9.1). Thanks team :slight_smile:

1 Like