Manage TestData in script mode

Hi!
I am facing to one interesting problem. I have some complex testing scenaria in wich data generated in one test case shoul be used in another, and so on.
I had already read some topics on forum and as I have a various dynamic data, there are no useful way to transfer it via global variables - just because I had to create an enormous list of it.

So I think about change my internal data tables and add some new columns into them, or create a new test data using script mode.
But I can’t find any useful information about how could one do it.

Did anyone face the same or similar problem and how had you manage this?

Have a look at the following post. The post proposes a demo project that just works.

Quotation from the post:

Problem to solve
I wanted to find out a solution to the following points:

1. I want my Katalon Studio project to generate a single Excel file where my Test Cases store anonymous data.
  2. I want to name the Excel file in such format. If I start a Test Suite named TS_a then it creates a file named TS_afollowed by the timestamp when it was started. For example, it would be TS_a.20180901_091020.xls. If I select a Test Case named TC1 then it will create a file named TC1.xls without timestamp.
  3. I want 2 or more Test Cases in a Test Suite share a file and update it mutually. Test Case TC2 should not carelessly erase data written in the file by preceding Test Case TC1.
  4. I want to create sheet per each test case. If I have a Test Suite which contains 2 Test Cases TC1 and TC2, then running the Test Suite should result a Excel file containing 2 sheets: TC1 sheet and TC2 sheet.

Valeriy,

I think that the demo project would be a starting point for you.

kazurayam said:

Have a look at the following post. The post proposes a demo project that just works.

Quotation from the post:

Problem to solve
I wanted to find out a solution to the following points:

1. I want my Katalon Studio project to generate a single Excel file where my Test Cases store anonymous data.
  2. I want to name the Excel file in such format. If I start a Test Suite named TS_a then it creates a file named TS_afollowed by the timestamp when it was started. For example, it would be TS_a.20180901_091020.xls. If I select a Test Case named TC1 then it will create a file named TC1.xls without timestamp.
  3. I want 2 or more Test Cases in a Test Suite share a file and update it mutually. Test Case TC2 should not carelessly erase data written in the file by preceding Test Case TC1.
  4. I want to create sheet per each test case. If I have a Test Suite which contains 2 Test Cases TC1 and TC2, then running the Test Suite should result a Excel file containing 2 sheets: TC1 sheet and TC2 sheet.

Valeriy,

I think that the demo project would be a starting point for you.

Thanks for an idea.
Actually at weekend I already code some functions and create dynamically .xlsx files in directory path exact as testcaseId, from which context this method called.

The question was simply because I didn’t want to write it by myself…may be there are some build in solutions and it could save some time.

may be there are some build in solutions and it could save some time.

I agree with you. I think Katalon Studio should support this built-in.