Optional Verify element present takes forever to move on

## Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

## Katalon 5.8.0

- no action delay
- default element timeout: 1

## Google Chrome 69.0.3497.100

## Steps to reproduce

The problem seems to occure when Katalon is finding a similar element. Since I could not reproduce this case exept in my original project I don’t know how to reproduce it.
I am using the following command:

ElementPresent=WebUI.verifyElementPresent(findTestObject('...',[:]),1,FailureHandling.OPTIONAL)

The specific object seems to make only minor differences.

## Expected Behaviour

Katalon should search for the set period of seconds (in my case 1) for the object. After not beeing able to find it, Katalon should return “false” and move on to the next test step within the next second(s). If Katalon is searching or doing something it should give some sort of hint to what it is currently doing.

## Actual Behaviour

After not finding the object Katalon is doing “something”(“finding similar elements”?) for an extended period of time.
There is no explanation or hint to what katalon is doing or why it is an eight minute process

I found waiting times beween one and almost eight minutes

What I have already tried (without any difference):

• seaching for an object in an iFrame vs no iFrame
  • searching for the object in a seperate test to detatche it from other factors

Thank you all in advance for your help, I have no smart ideas left to investigate this problem any further

WaitTime.PNG

2 Likes

I have the same problem. After I had the following problem(http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/9698/verify-element-visible-keyword-not-working-with-version-5-6-and-5-7 ) I switched to Verify element present. It worked till we updated to 5.8.

So can you please help us with this issue ?
Thank you very much

1 Like