Unable to download release Katalon 5.8.0

Hi ,

I am a beginner using this tool, I downloaded Katalon 5.7.1 when I open the app this morning I got the notification to download the latest version which is Katalon 5.8.0. But when I tried downloading it, I got this error “Unable to download update file from Katalon server
java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:\Users\Eco\Downloads\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.7.1 (1)\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.7.1\configuration\resources\update\5.8.0\download\contents.tar.gz” . Can anyone please help or tell me about this issue? What is the cause of this problem?

katalon.PNG

Looks like Katalon Studio can’t delete that file due to permission. Please review permissions used to open Katalon Studio in this case, likely you will need to select ‘Run as administrator’ here

2 Likes

Vinh Nguyen said:

Looks like Katalon Studio can’t delete that file due to permission. Please review permissions used to open Katalon Studio in this case, likely you will need to select ‘Run as administrator’ here

I think its working now, I tried and tried clicking the Download latest version button and finally I was able to download it.

Thanks