Unable to upload Report from Katalon Studio to Katalon Analytics

Hi there,

I am unable to upload reports to Katalon Analytics while I am trying to upload from Katalon studio. I did each and every settings under Project–>Integration and setup it successfully but still getting same error - “Unable to upload report to Katalon Analytics” again and again. Does Katalon Analytics ever works?

Waiting for someone response on this!!!

Hello @Ankit Agarwal,

Thank you for using Katalon automation tools. Would you please double check if you are behind Proxy? If yes, please config your proxy so that Katalon Studio reports can be pushed to Katalon Analytics.

If you still unable to push reports, please provide details information follow this guide.

Cheers,
Liam

Hi @Liam B

I will check the proxy config. But can you please let me know where to set it up?

Thanks much!
Ankit

Ankit Agarwal said:

Hi @Liam B

I will check the proxy config. But can you please let me know where to set it up?

Thanks much!
Ankit

Hi Ankit,
To config proxy in Katalon Studio, please see this guide.

Liam

Hi Liam,

I checked setting the Proxy but could not work. Pelase see the issue details per the guide:

## Operating System: (Windows 10)

## Katalon Studio Version: 5.9

## Katalon Studio logs:

error when uploading log to Katalon Analytics Server

com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.providers.AnalyticsApiProvider.uploadFile(AnalyticsApiProvider.java:393)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.perform(AnalyticsReportService.java:86)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:56)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportIntegration.uploadTestSuiteResult(AnalyticsReportIntegration.java:46)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.uploadReportToIntegratingProduct(ReportableLauncher.java:279)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:80)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:187)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

[CIRCULAR REFERENCE:com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

Wed Dec 05 15:27:29 EST 2018

System is unable to send report to Katalon Analytics. Reason: com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:62)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportIntegration.uploadTestSuiteResult(AnalyticsReportIntegration.java:46)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.uploadReportToIntegratingProduct(ReportableLauncher.java:279)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:80)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:187)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)

at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)

[CIRCULAR REFERENCE:com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

Wed Dec 05 15:27:29 EST 2018

com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.report.AnalyticsReportService.upload(AnalyticsReportService.java:62)

## Steps to reproduce

Trying to upload reports from Katalon Studio to Analytics. Did the proxy configuration too.

## Expected Behavior

Report should be uploaded to Katalon Analytics

## Actual Behavior

Getting error message " Cannot upload reports to Katalon at this time"

Hi @Ankit_Agarwal2,
Can you please try again with the latest Katalon Studio version 6.0.6? If the issue still persists, please click on the “Details” button and share with us the log.

Example below:
07%20AM
Thank you for your patience.

Hi @Ankit_Agarwal2,

I am facing the same issue and unable to resolve by proxy settings as well.

Is your issue resolved, and if you can share the resolution?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Mia,
I also have same problem on a freshly installed Katalon 6.2.0 build 1

By reading this message, I suppose we should do an action in Katalon to accept certificate from my proxy in order to be able to establish secure https connection with Katalon analytics.

Here is my log :

at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.providers.AnalyticsApiProvider.requestToken(AnalyticsApiProvider.java:87)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.handlers.AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.requestToken(AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.java:182)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.handlers.AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.getToken(AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.java:32)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.preferences.AnalyticsPreferencesPage$2.widgetSelected(AnalyticsPreferencesPage.java:442)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.SettingHandler.openSettingsDialogToPage(SettingHandler.java:251)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.SettingHandler.execute(SettingHandler.java:76)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:282)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:433)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem$3.handleEvent(AbstractContributionItem.java:482)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler.lambda$0(OpenProjectHandler.java:211)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4211)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3827)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.internalRunGUI(Application.java:154)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:144)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

@mia.ferguson, I have another error message (in menu help \ error log) which could explain why it does not work with my company proxy :

juin 27, 2019 2:13:40 PM org.apache.http.impl.auth.HttpAuthenticator generateAuthResponse
AVERTISSEMENT: NEGOTIATE authentication error: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt))
juin 27, 2019 2:13:40 PM org.apache.http.impl.auth.HttpAuthenticator generateAuthResponse
AVERTISSEMENT: NTLM authentication error: Credentials cannot be used for NTLM authentication: org.apache.http.auth.UsernamePasswordCredentials

hello,
after struggling 3 days with Katalon :hot_face:, I finally found a solution to upload reports to analytics through my company proxy :star_struck:
when correctly setting proxy in “Window\preference Katalon\Proxy”, I get same error than Ankit when trying upload to https://analytics.katalon.com :
“PKIX path building failed”

This error is due to my company proxy which use a self signed certificate when intercepting SSL communications (every link with https://)

So to get it working, I had to declare my proxy certificate to java used by katalon.
I did it by these commands : (which should be launched as administrator on windows cmd)

set CACERT_PATH=C:\tools\Katalon\jre\lib\security
keytool -import -alias MyCompanyproxy -keystore “%CACERT_PATH%” -file “%currentpath%mycompany-root-ca.cer”
then, enter default java password “changeit”
then, enter “oui” (or “yes”) to validate adding this certificate

unfortunately, this command did not want to work with katalon JRE as I had this error :

Faire confiance à ce certificat ? [non] : oui
Certificat ajouté au fichier de clés
erreur keytool : java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\tools\Katalon\jre\lib\security (Accès refusé)

So my workaround was to execute again this keytool command on another jdk on my desktop, and then, replace file C:\tools\Katalon\jre\lib\security\cacert by the one generated in my jdk (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\jre\lib\security)

and now, it works !! :sunglasses:

for those who wants to know how works, here is a very complete article about java certificate :
https://blog.arkey.fr/2017/10/19/self-signed-certificates-in-java/

Hi All,

Report upload feature is working fine from Katalon 6.0.6 and up versions.Sorry for late communication.

Thanks,
Ankit