Update Test Case name in the Test report runtime

Hi Team,

We have a scenario to run the same test case with multiple sets of data. Where as report comes as shown below. Here, CreateUser has come twice we wanted to know which data has failed?

We are unable to identify the differentiation of which data has been failed.
Any help would be really appreciable.

Regards
Udaya

1 Like

If you open up the log of that test is there no indication of the data used? Im not implying there will be just curious.

Yes but my client wanted to see that in the title itself… We are retrieving the data in json format, extracting the loop specification is easy. Not sure how to update that in title :frowning:

Im not sure either @Russ_Thomas @devalex88 - Are you aware of anyway. This topic may need to move to improvements if not :slight_smile:

Not sure. The only way I know is to write your own reporting system. @devalex88 did say a while back a new reporting system was planned (similar to mine).

@Russ_Thomas @devalex88 @hpulsford

Any options?? can i add this to feature/suggestions.??

Go right ahead. Add a link back to this thread.

Feature request has been placed.

@Udaya Did you find any solution of this as I also came across with similar requirement.

Any update on above feature request?. We have many test cases with DDT approach and we want to see the unique test name in report file. Test name should be automatically updated at run time by either reading data from data file or by using some parameters in test name itself. Can you please prioritize this feature implementation.

+1 - My team is looking for a way to accomplish this

Hi everyone,

We have an update on this in v8.2.0 recently, now each iteration will have data binding indicating section in HTML report.

Please first check out the release note and click here to download if you want to try out version 8.2.0 (stable).

Best,
Chris

1 Like

Hi @chrisstu!
I can see that it’s been added to the html file, is there anyway that we can add this to the JUnit_report.xml file as well? Thank you!

@chrisstu
Or can you point out to me where can I edit the JUnit report generation code?

Hi Saafan,

We’ll consider the suggestions in a later release, thank you for using Katalon Studio.

is there any solution of this problem

Hi @chrisstu
Is there any update on “data binding indicating section in Junit report.” similar to HTML report?

Hi @m.m.saafan/@vinay.garg

Is there any solution you came across for “data binding indicating section in Junit report.” ?