Unable to open IE browser

Hello,

I’m getting an error while executing my tests with IE in Katalon. Root cause:

Test Cases/LoginTest FAILED because (of) Unable to open browser (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unexpected error launching Internet Explorer. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected Mode must be set to the same value (enabled or disabled) for all zones.

Driver info: driver.version: CInternetExplorerDriver
remote stacktrace: )

Unfortunately, I can’t change setting for all zones. How can I execute my tests in IE without changing any settings in internet options of IE.

IE: 11

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
In this case, I think you should custom your IE driver to ignore setting for Protected Mode.
You could see the sample code here:

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver
import org.openqa.selenium.ie.InternetExplorerDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities

System.setProperty(“webdriver.ie.driver”, “your_iedriver_path\\IEDriverServer.exe”)
DesiredCapabilities dc = DesiredCapabilities.internetExplorer()
dc.setCapability(“ignoreProtectedModeSettings”, true)
WebDriver IEdriver = new InternetExplorerDriver(dc);

The IEDriver path in Katalon tool: …\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\configuration\resources\drivers\iedriver_win64

Reference is get from this blog: http://jimevansmusic.blogspot.in/2012/08/youre-doing-it-wrong-protected-mode-and.html

Hello! For the correct operation of IE 11, windows 10, under the katalon Studio it is necessary to make the settings. After these settings, everything worked for me. Project - Setings - Execution -Default - Web UI - IE - +Add name = ignoreProtectedModeSettings , type= Boolean, value = true

2 Likes

@nikola said:
Hello! For the correct operation of IE 11, windows 10, under the katalon Studio it is necessary to make the settings. After these settings, everything worked for me. Project - Setings - Execution -Default - Web UI - IE - +Add name = ignoreProtectedModeSettings , type= Boolean, value = true

Hi Nikola,
Thanks for your answer, i have added settings as per your suggestion and i am able to open IE browser however it is not setting text to textBox. Do i need to add desired capabilities and where to add this?

Thanks in advance,
Shruti

I am facing opening browser issue in Safari and Microsoft edge also. need suggestions, below is log for safari browser.

Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: SafariDriver requires Safari 10 running on OSX El Capitan or greater.

@Shruti Saxena said:

@nikola said:

Hi Nikola,
Thanks for your answer, i have added settings as per your suggestion and i am able to open IE browser however it is not setting text to textBox. Do i need to add desired capabilities and where to add this?

Thanks in advance,
Shruti

Log:
(Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.NoSuchWindowException: Unable to find elements on closed window

1 Like

Nicola’s solution worked perfectly for me.

This works!!!