Saving Web Page as MHTML in Katalon Studio

10 months have passed since I published this custom keyword. How much this feature (take MHTML of web pages) is helpful for resolving problems? Let me look back.

The primary question is: who makes a MHTML, and who reads the MHTML.

I wanted people to take MHTML of their webpages and attached it to the post for questions in this forum. I thought the MHTML would make it possible for me to reproduce their problem on my side easily. The following is an example where I requested the questioner to post a MHTML :

But in fact, the exchanged MHTML file did not help. I could not reproduce his/her problem on my side.

I guess, the javascript in the page is AJAX-driven, requires a live continuous connection to the backend server, so that the page frozen in a MHTML does not act properly.

Once MHTML looked hopeful for me. But now I find it useless.

By the way, I personally do not need MHTML to resolve problems that occur in my local project. I have all the resources (HTML/CSS/JS, Test scripts, logs) on my PC. Why do I need an archive of them = MHTML? — No, I don’t.

I know, Katalon Studio v8.0.5 changed its “Time Capsule” implementation so that it takes MHTML instead of screenshot images. To me, this change looks nonsense. “Time Capsule” creates MHTML files for the tester assuming that he/she would find them useful. — Well, I would disagree with this assumption.

1 Like