No "Reports" folder when launching Katalon Runtime trough Jenkins

Hello,
I just bougth a Katalon Runtime licence, and I am trying to make it working with my Jenkins.
After struggling and generating ID and configuring proxy, my test suite is now well launched.

My Problem is that I have no folder “Reports” created so I have no snapshot and log files to analyse.

Do you know why Katalon Runtime does not create any folder ?

1 Like

@staniere

Have you installed Basic Report plugin in your account ?
https://store.katalon.com/product/59/Basic-Report

You need to install it, and then go to Project > Plugins > Basic Report and enable the HTML, PDF, reports.

ok, I found the problem(s) :

• First, I generated commandline with Katalon studio, and this command was pointing to my Katalon studio folder which was not the one I expected.
    So in jenkins, I needed to change commandline in order to point to my Jenkins workspace.

D:\Tools\Jenkins\workspace\TestSeb>“D:\Tools\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-7.4.0\katalonc” -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath=“reflexCoreModel.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/sMySCM tests” -executionProfile=“test Core-Model023 - 9.14” -browserType=“Chrome” -apiKey=…

=> But I had another error message “Unable delete lib folders” when launching this command

• Error was solved with this post : Unable delete lib folders

I had to change directory to tmp before launching command because Katalon does not bear to be launched in project folder…

So my last command is finally working :sweat_smile: :
cd D:\Tools\tmp
“D:\Tools\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-7.4.0\katalonc” -noSplash -runMode=console -projectPath="%WORKSPACE%\reflexCoreModel.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/sMySCM tests” -executionProfile=“test Core-Model023 - 9.14” -browserType=“Chrome” -apiKey="…

1 Like

hello
it does not correct my problem, but it will be usefull after to me.
So thank you :slight_smile:

The problem @staniere stated is there is no Reports folder when the test runs on Jenkins. I have the same problem. Locally it works as expected. The plugin is installed, the PDF checkbox is filled for the Project settings but, when the test runs on Jenkins, there is not a Reports folder and there is no PDF version of the results.
In my case, a Jenkins pipeline gets the project code from a remote repo and runs the tests in Katalon Docker container. Can can I capture the project setting made through the UI to create a PDF report as part of the test project under source control?

As said in previou post, behavior was linked to my command which did not launch testSuite in Jenkins folder. When I corrected my commandline, it was ok.

Another explanation may be that Katalon have not enough rights to write in your Jenkins folder.
My Jenkins being under windows, it was previously installed in “c:\program files” folder which seem write protected from windows.
So I finally moved my Jenkins foder into d:\tools\Jenkins and let write rights in order to allow Katalon to create folders and files into Jenkins workspace.

about your last question,
Katalon should get settings from katalon studio if you committed the good .properties file in your remote repos

Correct. Applications (therefore “users”) are not supposed to write data to application installation folders - the AppData structure and User dirs are meant for that.

Thanks for your help.