Katalon Test Scripts Executed in Jenkins Did Not Finish Successfully Even All Test Scripts Were Executed (Jenkins Showing Spinner Only -- No Error Displayed))

hi,

any error log e.g. in Katalon Analytics?

hello,

why people are not using Jenkins build path as project path
Building in workspace C:\Tools\Jenkins\JenkinsHome\jobs\Katalon_RMS-Dispatch_TS\workspace
your project is copied to under workspace folder

most of users will use they original Katalon project path,
projectPath=“C:\Users\Ana\git\pimmdesktoptestscripts\PIMM Desktop CCM.prj

Hi,

Isn’t “C:\Tools\Jenkins\JenkinsHome\jobs\Katalon_RMS-Dispatch_TS\workspace” a default?

Getting the same error. Any update on this issue?

Has anyone run into the same problem? I’m still encountering this. There’s no error in Katalon Analytics and Reports.

Just curious.

Is your analytics showing all the five tests?

Are you using “-apiKey” parameter in the other job which is successful? Also make sure to turn off retry. Not sure what is the issue. I am also running from Jenkins and its fine for me.

Just curious.

Is your analytics showing all the five tests?
Yes, all tests passed.

Are you using “-apiKey” parameter in the other job which is successful?
Yes, other job with same apiKey is successful. Even the job that is not using apiKey also has the same issue.

Also make sure to turn off retry. Not sure what is the issue. I am also running from Jenkins and its fine for me.
Retry is set to 0

-projectPath=“C:\Users\Anna Garcia\git\pimmdesktoptestscripts\PIMM Desktop CCM.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/RMS/Reports_TS” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome (headless)” --config -webui.autoUpdateDrivers=true

Hi @Mathew.Kuruvila,

I tried running each test case in Web Recorder and I am getting this error in one of the test cases:

This is the test script:

Can you try giving “-apiKey” to job which is not getting completed. I don’t know if that will make it work.

It is working from Jenkins right, so it is some other issue. Just restart Katalon studio. WebElement should should get resolved.

If it is not getting resolved

Try giving
import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement

instead of
import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement as WebElement

Hi @Mathew.Kuruvila,

I tried all of your suggestions but still getting the same issue in Jenkins and error in Katalon Web Recorder.

Sorry, i couldn’t help you. Lets wait for some Katalon dev’s to give input

It’s ok. Thank you for trying to help me though :slight_smile:

I’m also experiencing this kind of issue. The execution of the Test Case under the Test Suite shows 100% but the build doesn’t complete.

Any updates on this?? New to Katalon and running into the exact same issue with Jenkins. My tests all complete but the job just hangs at the end.

Hi, I no longer encounter this issue. I didn’t do anything to fix this. The only difference I see is, on this issue, I am running Test Suites, but now I am running Test Suite Collection and not facing this issue anymore. Try creating a Test Suite Collection and put all your Test Suites in it. Hope it would solve this issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Test Suite Collection are indeed working but there still is a problem with running test suites. I’ve noticed that sometimes it hangs in the middle of execution, not after 100%. My last run only got to 38%. Is anybody looking at this issue? It looks like a legitimate bug.

2 Likes

Thanks agarcia, your solution solved my problem.
Hope that the problem with Test suite is fixed soon.

1 Like

Resolved this by not selecting the ‘Display Console Logs’ in Generate command section for TestSuiteCollection.

1 Like

I had success moving to a Test Suite Collection instead as well. Among a few other changes such as not selecting display console logs

1 Like