Katalon Studio threw me out and no longer allows me to open it!

Hello Community Members,

I just had a discussion with one of our support team experts and he thinks this may assist you:

https://support.katalon.com/hc/en-us/articles/4442679918873--This-session-has-been-terminated-Message

Can you check and see if it helps?
Regards, Sara

Hello Community Members,

Please refer to the updated message from our team regarding this issue here: https://support.katalon.com/hc/en-us/articles/4588303650329.

Please let us know if you need any further support.
Regards,
Vu Tran

Katalon polls activation servers in the background in order to make sure someone isn’t getting something they didn’t pay for. This polling routinely fails (somehow this is a problem in Katalon, not the activation server or the network).

It happens every time after your computer goes into sleep mode and (for me at least) every 15 minutes regardless.

Katalon support recommends EVERYONE not use the current version of Katalon (8.2.5). They have made it clear that they DO NOT intend to issue a critical bug fix. From Katalon support:

“We plan to add a retry option when the connection to the licensing server fails in upcoming releases.”

To recap:

• The problem will be addressed in a release as if it were a minor bugfix and not the critical, work-stoppage flaw.
  • The recommended fix is to DO NOT USE THE CURRENT VERSION OF KATALON because it is broken.
  • The problem only exists because Katalon needs to make sure, EVERY FIVE MINUTES that you are not stealing precious minutes of their flavor of Eclipse.

Other recommended fixes that do not solve the problem:

• Check you internet connection :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
  • Don’t let your computer go to sleep. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
  • Use offline license. (Did not resolve the issue in my experience.)
  • Don’t use their current product.
  • Wait for the next minor or feature release.
2 Likes

OK, I understand the frustration level.
However, can you document your affirmations?
eg:

They have made it clear that they **DO NOT** intend to issue a critical bug fix. From Katalon support

Katalon support recommends EVERYONE not use the current version of Katalon

The problem only exists because Katalon needs to make sure, EVERY FIVE MINUTES that you are not stealing precious minutes of their flavor of Eclipse. 

From where such came? A real source or just your insights?

Support. Here and here.

I received the same copy/paste from 17 days ago in a support ticket created today. Can you demonstrate that this is being treated as anything other than minor?

Edit: I am just now seeing this link, which is NOT ACCURATE. The problem is now WORSE “Invalid credentials” message when activating Katalon Studio. – Katalon Help Center

1 Like

HA! Ok, I was never looking into the support tickets, just because I am not interested.
But for my eyes, looks like Katalon team has chosen the right path to disaster.
After the inconsistent development process, now at the support level they not recommend their ‘best version’.

Good job you guys!
I am already preparing some funeral songs for you!

1 Like

Hello Simos.Sigma and Community Members,

I reached out internally regarding this issue and was able to get additional details for you. Here is the response I received and I hope this is helpful:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want to let you know that the engineering team has been actively working on this issue and we were able to include an enhancement on our upcoming release of Studio 8.3.0 which will be released on March 29th.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you- The Katalon Community Team

3 Likes

Hello Team,

I have activated the Katalon studio (account is verified through email, TestOps page) but I am getting this error “Please make sure your credentials are valid” while working.
Given the same credentials again and click on activate button multiple times, then the message disappeared after giving me the message successfully activated. But after some time the activation windows appears.
I can login to the web but not in Katalon Studio.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1)

Please help me on this.

@muhammad.ahmed The post above yours contains the answer.

“The session will be terminated in 5 minutes…Please acknowledge.” I’m getting it constantly now, not like once a day as before (which was anoying but not critical) Today I launched KSE and got that freaking message. So, I logged out, launched KSE again and got that message again.

What’s is going on?

It looks like the best fix is DO NOT USE KATALON. Period.
It’s just unheard-of - to have such a serious SELF-INFLICTED issue and not even try to fix it ASAP…

And the icing on the cake - bumping the fees and forcing customers to use yearly subscription for the KSE that’s getting much less reliable.

Hi Greg @gdearest07,

Thank you for your message. To better investigate the situation, could you confirm with us that this problem happens when you leave Katalon Studio idle for 5 minutes or it happens during your active working time? It’s best if we can get a video to understand system behavior and reproduce the issue.

Just to clarify, there are 2 different features of Katalon products. the “Invalid credentials” happens in Katalon Studio which will be scheduled to resolve in the next release on tentative date of April 12.

The problem you encountered could potentially come from TestOps feature where we allow users to actively configure their settings, different messages might appear.

In addition, please check the TestOps Session Timeout:

Thank you.

Summary

Hello Simos.Sigma and Community Members,

I reached out internally regarding this issue and was able to get additional details for you. Here is the response I received and I hope this is helpful:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want to let you know that the engineering team has been actively working on this issue and we were able to include an enhancement on our upcoming release of Studio 8.3.0 which will be released on March 29th.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you- The Katalon Community Team

Hello Community Members,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want to let you know that the engineering team has been actively working on this issue and we were able to include an enhancement on our upcoming release of Studio 8.3.0. The release date has been updated to new date of April 12, 2022 (tentative).

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Katalon Community Team.

1 Like

Hi Vu @vu.tran ,
Thank you for your message. Here is what is currently shown in my organization:

Should it be set to 360 or something like that to be able to work at least for 6 hours?

As for the pattern, it’s just UNPREDICTABLE. For instance, yesterday it was hapenning during running test suites in KSE.

OK, Vu. Here is a “pattern”. The freaking popup (see above) appears. I click the ‘Acknowledge’ and close the KSE, start it again and very soon that message appears again. I click ‘Acknowledge’ and wait till I get a prompt asking for my credentials. I enter the credentials and very soon I’ll see that message again. So, basically, I cannot do anything. I’ve tried to set that Timeout to 0, to 360, etc. NOTHING HELPS.

So, the practical question is “How can we get our money back for this ‘beatiful’ automation tool of yours?”.

Hi there!

Have you checked the Idle Timeout settings from the URL https://admin.katalon.com/?

This settings will apply to the organization. You can refer to this link for more details.

Hi there!

Here is what I have:

I checked my organization settings in “test ops”. By default the timeouts are off. It is unclear what the difference is between Organization Management > Session Timeout and Idle Timeout.

Both are disabled and, in fact, were never enabled. Yet every day I have to fight Katalon as it shuts down my session, threatens to wipe out unsaved work. I’m having to develop safety practices for my team against Katalon. I’d love to hear why this auto-lockout is necessary. @sara.leslie

Hi @clif.molina, this problem has been fixed in the release of 8.3.0. Please read more and download the newest version here.

Please let me know if you need any extra help.